Australian healthcare costing and billing software vendor PowerHealth Solutions has won contracts with the Department of Health Western Australia and Tasmania Department of Health and Human Services for the Datix patient safety system. Western Australia has signed up for the Clinical Incident Management System, while Tasmania has gone for a broader suite including Risk Register, Safety Alerts, Patient Experience, Complaints Handling and Accreditation. Since PowerHealth signed an exclusive distributor partnership agreement with UK patient safety software company Datix earlier this year, the company has been busy promoting the benefits of the Datix solution across Australia and New Zealand.
PowerHealth Solutions is building on the success of Australia’s first Datix state health department implementation in South Australia in 2011, where Datix provided a simple-yet-advanced incident reporting mechanism with round-the-clock accessibility, which eliminated the need for a call centre, resulting in significant cost savings for SA Health, as well as improved functionality. PowerHealth Solutions has strong connections in the health industry and a large customer base.
With its expertise in healthcare consulting, project management and software support, PowerHealth Solutions provides strong local support, ISO 9001:2008-accredited quality processes, and skilled staff to implement the Datix internationally-recognised patient safety system throughout the region.
PowerHealth Solutions CEO Patrick Power said, “Both PowerHealth Solutions and Datix are working very well together, leveraging Datix’s expertise in patient safety and quality with PowerHealth’s proven track record in state-wide healthcare IT implementations. Our combined team has complementary skills and knowledge gained from over 25 years experience of working solely in healthcare administration and quality software.”
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems