Barco selects ATI FirePro™ professional graphics with AMD Eyefinity Technology to deliver Advanced Medical Imaging Technologies with superior performance
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that medical imaging specialist Barco has selected ATI FirePro™ 3D Professional Graphics technology for inclusion in its MXRT Series display controller products for demanding medical imaging applications. ATI FirePro professional graphics, with AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology, provides increased visual quality for users across a broad range of healthcare disciplines including radiology, clinical review imaging, surgery and mammography, allowing clinicians to make more informed medical diagnoses. “AMD and Barco are working together to further medical imaging technologies,” said Janet Matsuda, general manager, AMD Professional Graphics. “Barco is a medical imaging leader with a solid track record of delivering the right graphic solutions for this market.
Medical customers are already using three or four monitors to view imaging data, and the AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology and ATI FirePro professional graphics enable clinicians to offer the highest possible level of patient care while holding computer hardware costs down.”
“Our latest line of MXRT display controllers are built with the ATI FirePro 3D technology for leading-edge performance, flexibility and reliability,” said Lynda Domogalla, market director, Barco.
“Driving three displays with just one graphics card strengthens our all-in-one approach which saves space on the PC, simplifies installation, reduces power consumption and assures fast data transfers.”
Barco's extensive line-up of high-precision display systems, including the MXRT-5400 and MXRT-7400, help radiology professionals and doctors more easily see a broader scope of patient details, resulting in increased accuracy and efficiency when developing diagnoses. ATI FirePro™ 3D Professional Graphics cards are immediately available with the Barco MXRT-5400 and MXRT-7400 display controllers, delivering enhanced visual imaging and performance to the medical field.
Supporting Resources * AMD Product page: ATI FirePro™ 3D Professional Graphics * Blog: AMD Eyefinity Technology Goes Medical * Barco Product Page *
Twitter: Follow AMD graphics news on Twitter at @ATIFirePro *
Facebook: Become a fan of AMD technology on Facebook About AMD AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its ground-breaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APU). AMD’s graphics and computing technologies power a variety of solutions including PCs, game consoles and the servers that drive the Internet and businesses.
For more information, visit www.amd.com. ©2011, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, ATI, the ATI logo, FirePro and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Siemens Healthcare Limited Expands Consolidation With New Assays
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring