WHAT: Philips has sold six Sparq ultrasound systems to Yale-New Haven Hospital (YNHH), a non-profit, 1,008-bed tertiary medical center receiving national and international referrals, located in New Haven, Conn.
WHY: Given the often hectic pace of an emergency department, each timesaving measure can make a significant difference. This is especially true at a Level 1 trauma center like YNHH which triages more than 80,000 patients a year. In an effort to bring a new level of productivity to emergency ultrasound, Philips offers the Sparq ultrasound system. Sparq combines ease-of-use with efficiency-enhancers like a Simplicity Mode that presents only the ultrasound functions used most often and AutoSCAN, which continuously adjusts the image gain while scanning, and can help a clinician identify tissue type. YNHH recently purchased a half dozen Sparq systems to help meet its high volume ultrasound imaging and needle guidance needs.
The department is led by Christopher Moore, M.D., a world-renowned thought leader, researcher and instructor in emergency medicine. Dr. Moore was involved in the early product development of Sparq. “Sparq puts Philips image quality into a compact, affordable package that is designed for use at the point of care,” said Dr. Moore.
“Innovations like a large articulated screen, embedded wireless capabilites and long battery life allow it to be used effectively at the bedside. The glass touch control panel is intuitive to use and button-free, which allows for easy cleaning.”
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- Philips And Allianz Worldwide Partners Launch Connected Health Solution And Services In Germany
- National Decision Support Company Launches CareSelect
- TriZetto’s New QNXT Configuration Solution Enables Healthcare Payers To Rapidly Change, Launch Products For Success In Post-Reform Market
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring