Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust has opted to deploy TeleTracking Technologies' TransportTracking™ automated portering system after learning the software cut patient wait times in half at Royal Free Hospital and increased productivity by more than 30% at Wolverhampton and Rotherham Hospitals.
The TeleTracking system, which does not require a helpdesk or dispatcher to assign jobs, will replace an existing porter management software system, according to TeleTracking CEO Anthony Sanzo.
"When we've replaced other systems on the market," Sanzo said, "our clients have seen immediate gains. With Trusts looking to do more with less in the NHS, we have seen a flurry of activity and are set to double our size in the UK in the next year."
Walsall expects the new platform will pave the way for significant operational efficiencies in the future, Sanzo said. Previously this year, Princess Royal Hospital implemented TeleTracking's portering system after sister institution Royal Shrewsbury Hospital realized a two-thirds reduction in overtime by using the new software application. TeleTracking, which holds 80% of the installed patient flow technology market in the U.S., entered the UK market in 2005. It currently serves 10 Trusts representing 12 hospitals in the UK and has received significant interest from several others.
- What Electronic Healthcare Records Do and What they Don’t Do
- Administration launches “Apps Against Abuse” technology challenge to help address sexual assault and dating violence
- Schneck Medical Center Selects Omnicell G4 Platform for Automated Medication Management
- Healthcare IT News
- dbMotion to Provide Connected Healthcare Solution for Ascension Health's Seton Healthcare Family
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring