Healthcare IT and Technology News October 18, 2011 – Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ:OMCL), a leading provider of medication and supply management solutions and analytics software for healthcare facilities, today announced that Schneck Medical Center will implement the new fourth generation Omnicell G4 medication management solutions for pharmacy, nursing and perioperative care areas. The hospital chose Omnicell not only for the G4 technology platform, but also its modular approach to upgrades that allows Schneck to stay current with technology without the disruption of whole product replacement.
Schneck expects to complete the installation in November 2011. “The Omnicell solutions offer state-of-the-art medication management solutions with improved data access and reporting features over those offered by our previous system,” said Justin Brown, director of pharmacy at Schneck Medical Center. “At Schneck, we pride ourselves in leading the way with innovative technology and recognize that the Omnicell G4 platform offers industry-defining technology to help improve workflow and enhance patient safety.”
The G4 platform offers an intuitive user interface across the products and a single unified database across automated medication dispensing cabinets, helping to decrease the risk of human error and improve pharmacy workflow. With Schneck’s previous medication management solution, pharmacy staff had to contact the vendor directly when reports were needed. With enhanced reporting capabilities in the G4 platform, Schneck will now have immediate access to data on medication usage and tracking.
Schneck will implement several new solutions from the Omnicell G4 platform, including:
• OmniRx® G4 Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinets (ADCs) throughout the nursing floors for an advanced and flexible automated dispensing system designed to monitor and control drug dispensing.
• Anesthesia Workstation™ G4 in operating rooms to allow for secure, convenient access to drugs required during surgery and documentation of controlled substances.
• Controlled Substance Management System (CSM) in the central pharmacy to provide perpetual inventory management and closed-loop tracking for dispensing controlled substances.
• Anywhere RN™ solution, which allows nurses to remotely review and select medication orders needed from the cabinet to save time and minimize interruptions that could lead to medication administration errors.
“Omnicell worked closely with Schneck Medical Center to identify their needs for medication management and Omnicell’s unique financial business model includes flexible product upgrades to protect the hospital’s long-term technology investment,” said J. Christopher Drew, Omnicell senior vice president, field operations. “We are excited about this new partnership with Schneck and share their commitment to providing the highest levels of effective, safe patient care.”
About Schneck Medical Center
For 100 years, Schneck Medical Center has been a leader in the provision of progressive healthcare in southern Indiana. Schneck, located in Seymour, Indiana, is a 113 all-private patient suite, not-for-profit acute care facility offering expertise in oncology, pain management, rehabilitation, cardiovascular care, women’s health, major surgery, emergency care, radiology, hospice, home health and outpatient services. Schneck is among the six-percent of hospitals nationwide that have achieved Magnet® status from the American Nurses Credentialing Center, and among the twenty-percent that have received Chest Pain Center Accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL) is a leading provider of automated and business information solutions enabling hospitals and healthcare systems to streamline the medication administration process and manage costly medical supplies for increased operational efficiency and enhanced patient safety. Through seamless integration with a hospital’s existing IT infrastructure, Omnicell solutions empower healthcare facilities to achieve comprehensive automation of medication and supply management from the arrival at the loading dock to the patient’s bedside. Omnicell also provides healthcare facilities with business analytics software designed to improve medication diversion detection and regulatory compliance. Since 1992, more than 2,200 hospital customers worldwide have relied on Omnicell’s medication automation, supply chain, and hospital analytics solutions to increase patient safety, improve efficiency and address changing healthcare regulations while providing effective control of costs, charge capture for payer reimbursement and inventory management of medications and supplies.
- What Electronic Healthcare Records Do and What they Don’t Do
- Administration launches “Apps Against Abuse” technology challenge to help address sexual assault and dating violence
- Healthcare IT News
- Walsall Trust Automates Patient Transportation to Improve Efficiency
- dbMotion to Provide Connected Healthcare Solution for Ascension Health's Seton Healthcare Family
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring