Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ:OMCL), a leading provider of medication and supply management solutions and analytics software for healthcare facilities, have announced a joint partnership with Premier Purchasing Partners, L.P., the group purchasing unit of Premier Inc. The 36-month agreement allows Premier member hospitals and healthcare organizations to take advantage of premium pricing for the comprehensive suite of award-winning Omnicell medication and supply management solutions. Designed to maximize Premier members’ clinical and operational performance, this new agreement is effective from July 2011 through June 2014.
This partnership extends the value of Omnicell’s advanced medication and supply solutions to Premier members and features all Omnicell solutions, including:
• G4 platform— The G4 platform is designed to help hospitals closely manage medication and supply inventory to reduce costs, comply with increasingly stringent regulatory pressures and safeguard the patient. The G4 platform features a single, unified database across the continuum of medications maintained in the hospital’s automated dispensing cabinets (ADCs).
• Savvy™ mobile medication system— Savvy is a unique medication system that integrates with the Omnicell ADCs and the hospital’s IT system, allowing nurses to safely and securely transport medications from the dispensing cabinet to the bedside.
• PandoraVIA™— PandoraVIA is a suite of business analytics tools that assists hospitals in monitoring and optimizing medication distribution throughout the hospital, maximizing drug diversion prevention, regulation compliance and inventory control.
"Omnicell is pleased to expand access to our advanced solutions and help even more hospitals provide safe, cost-effective care," said J. Christopher Drew, Omnicell senior vice president, field operations.
“We share Premier’s vision that patients deserve the best care technology can offer. We look forward to supporting more healthcare facilities with medication and supply management solutions helping them navigate the pathway in their health reform journey, while safeguarding their patients.”
About the Premier Healthcare Alliance, Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient
Premier is a performance improvement alliance of more than 2,500 U.S. hospitals and 75,000-plus other healthcare sites using the power of collaboration to lead the transformation to high quality, cost-effective care. Owned by hospitals, health systems and other providers, Premier maintains the nation's most comprehensive repository of clinical, financial and outcomes information and operates a leading healthcare purchasing network. A world leader in helping deliver measurable improvements in care, Premier has worked with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the United Kingdom's National Health Service North West to improve hospital performance. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Premier also has an office in Washington.
Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL) is a leading provider of automated and business information solutions enabling hospitals and healthcare systems to streamline the medication administration process and manage costly medical supplies for increased operational efficiency and enhanced patient safety. Through seamless integration with a hospital’s existing IT infrastructure, Omnicell solutions empower healthcare facilities to achieve comprehensive automation of medication and supply management from the arrival at the loading dock to the patient’s bedside.
Omnicell also provides healthcare facilities with business analytics software designed to improve medication diversion detection and regulatory compliance. Since 1992, more than 2,200 hospital customers worldwide have relied on Omnicell’s medication automation, supply chain, and hospital analytics solutions to increase patient safety, improve efficiency and address changing healthcare regulations while providing effective control of costs, charge capture for payer reimbursement and inventory management of medications and supplies. For more information about Omnicell, please visit www.omnicell.com
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- Four Leading U.S. Health Systems Sign On To Improve ICU Care With Philips Enterprise Telehealth Programs
- National Decision Support Company Launches CareSelect
- BayCare Health System Recognized for Achievement in Electronic Medical Record Adoption by Leading Global Organization
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring