AMD Global Telemedicine Inc, the worldwide leading supplier of telemedicine technology, devices, and application software for both dynamic encounters (live telemedicine) and store and forward consultations, today announced that Steven Normandin, AMD’s President, has been elected to the American Telemedicine Association (ATA) College of Fellows.
Election to the College is a high honor that recognizes significant achievements in telemedicine, service to the general telemedicine community and service to the ATA. The ATA made the announcement at their 16th Annual Meeting and Exposition in Tampa, Florida.
“It is an honor and a privilege to be elected by my peers to the ATA College of Fellows,” stated Normandin. “The American Telemedicine Association is the leading organization in the field of telemedicine and I am excited to be able to continue to work with them to use telemedicine to improve the quality of care available to all worldwide.” The ATA annually elects less than one half of one percent of its current membership as new Fellows. Fellows are appointed to a life-time term. Normandin had presented at numerous telemedicine forums throughout North America, Africa and Asia.
Steve is on the Board of Directors of the International Society for Telemedicine and eHealth in Zurich, Switzerland, and is a member of the Executive Committee of the American Telemedicine Association Industry Council. Normandin was previously a member of the Board of Directors of Canadian Society of Telehealth and of the American Telemedicine Association, where he served as Chairman of the Industry Council.
AMD Global Telemedicine, Inc. is a Telemedicine Encounter Management Systems company (TEMS™) and the worldwide leading supplier of telemedicine technology, devices, and application software for both dynamic encounters (live telemedicine) and store and forward consultations. AMD Global Telemedicine, Inc. offers the market’s preeminent diagnostic medical devices and tConsult™ Encounter Management Software that is equipped with device management, case creation, work flow and archival. AMD has over 6,300 installations in 81 countries and delivers solution design, turnkey installation, and training for telemedicine programs across the globe. For more information on AMD Global Telemedicine, please visit www.amdtelemedicine.com or call 866-449-8210.
Related Article: Telemedicine Information Service for EMS Pre-Hospital Organizations
Keywords: telemedicine article, telemedicine case study, telemedicine update, telehealth news, telemedicine news, breaking telemedicine news, The Development of a Region-Wide EMS Telemedicine System Fully Integrated With Day-to-Day EMS and Disaster-Related Activities, general devices telemedicine news and press releases,
AMD Global Telemedicine, Inc. Announces Steven Normandin, President, Elected to American Telemedicine Association College of Fellows Telemedicine news telehealth news amd technologies telemedicine press release ata american telemedicine association 16th Annual Meeting and Exposition in Tampa, Florida.
- HTM Speaks With Warren Brown, President, Procura
- Telehealth Use in Canada Grew by More Than 35 Per Cent Annually Over the Past 5 Years: National Study
- Specialists On Call Establishes the Largest Private Telestroke and Teleneurology Network in California
- AirWatch Provides a $100,000 Gift to Inova Health System to Fund Telemedicine Institute’s Mobility Programs
- Nonin Medical Announces Mark VanderWerf, Vice President-eHealth, Elected to American Telemedicine Association College of Fellows
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring