Healthcare IT and Technology News January 25 2012.
mscripts, the leading provider of mobile applications for pharmacies, today announced at the Health Innovation Summit that it is adding new family-friendly shopping capabilities to its Mobile Pharmacy Application Platform. New features include proxy prescription management (allowing one person to manage prescriptions for multiple family members), integrated shopping lists, and upgrades to the mscripts Coupon Module.
"Pharmacies want to make the process of managing prescriptions and visiting the pharmacy more efficient for their customers," said Mark Cullen, CEO of mscripts. "These features, combined with our robust couponing capabilities, save customers time and money." The new features bring together shopping and prescription management, making for a more productive visit to the pharmacy. Users can add items to their shopping list by browsing a store’s inventory, scanning a product barcode, taking a photo, or typing in the item desired. "Pharmacies want to be able to offer prescription management for family members, whether for their four-year old or an aging parent who requires assistance," said Hareesh Khurana, VP of Product Development.
"The new features allow users of the app to manage multiple patients under one mobile number, and to easily request and track refills for their whole family." The mscripts Coupon Module will allow pharmacies to design and manage coupon campaigns and collect metrics. Customers can receive coupons via their on phone application, or through a text or email message. On phone offers allow the user to choose coupons by category or brand and view all coupons currently available – organizing the coupons and making them easy to scan and save. Coupons can be redeemed by scanning the barcode directly from the phone. Customers can choose to share the coupon with friends via a direct Facebook integration.
- Healthcare Information Technology 2011: Almost 1/2 a Billion $'s In Venture Capital Funding Raised
- Intelligent InSites Shares Insights on How to Improve Care and Reduce Costs by Applying Lean Principles in Healthcare
- Healthcare Analyst Values MMRGlobal Patents at $300-800 Million
- Leon Medical Centers Health Plans Uses TriZetto Solutions to Deliver Integrated Healthcare to Medicare Advantage Members
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring