Jon Rouse has been confirmed as Director General for Social Care, Local Government and Care Partnerships at the Department of Health, announced Permanent Secretary, Una O’Brien today. Jon Rouse is currently Chief Executive of the London Borough of Croydon. He has held a number of civil service roles and was previously Chief Executive at both the Housing Corporation and the Commission for Architecture and the Build Environment. He has held a wide range of non-executive positions with organisations including English Partnerships and Homelessness International, and was a non-executive director on the Department of Health’s Board until 2010.
His responsibilities in his new post will include policies on care and support for adults, the Department’s relationship with local government across all of health and care, mental health, disability, health equalities, and health services for children.
Permanent Secretary, Una O’Brien, said: “I am delighted to welcome Jon Rouse to the Department of Health as Director General for Social Care, Local Government and Care Partnerships. “He will bring a wealth of experience from national and local government and the world of housing to the role. “I look forward to working closely with him to drive forward the Government’s important improvement agenda in social care, working closely with partners in local government.”
Jon Rouse said “We are entering a period of exciting change and challenge in social care and local government – I am delighted to be given the opportunity to lead on these areas within the Department of Health. I look forward to working with the many partners responsible for delivering these important services.”
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems