SuccessEHS today announced that National Director of Government Affairs Adele Allison was recently named co-chair of the Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) Beacon-Electronic Health Record (EHR) Vendor Affinity Group. Comprised of representatives from 17 ONC Beacon Communities and five EHR vendors, the workgroup seeks to promote the adoption, use and interoperability of EHR technology to advance the care improvement goals of impacted communities. A true public-private partnership, the workgroup is led by co-chairs from both the vendor and Beacon communities.
Allison will serve as the co-chair from the vendor community, while Chuck Tryon of MyHealth Access Network, part of the Tulsa Beacon Community, will represent the Beacon Communities as co-chair. Allison has 22 years of experience in the health care industry, including nearly 14 years at SuccessEHS. Her prior experience includes eight years in management for health care payers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana and Triton Health Systems.
In her current role, Allison conducts strategic planning, relations, analysis and writing, education and public speaking on matters of federal and state government affairs. She works closely with Regional Extension Centers, state-level health information exchange projects and state Medicaid agencies, and has worked with government officials on a variety of health care legislation, including the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Allison's role as co-chair of the ONC Beacon-EHR Vendor Affinity Group marks a continuation of SuccessEHS's involvement in ONC Beacon Communities.
SuccessEHS is involved with three ONC Beacon Communities: the Crescent City Beacon Community, the Southeast Michigan Beacon Community and MyHealth Access Network. These three Beacon Community programs are among 17 national sites receiving a three-year federal Beacon Community Award from the ONC to build and strengthen local health IT infrastructure, test innovative approaches, and make measurable improvements, leading to better care, better health, at lower cost. "We are proud to have Adele represent SuccessEHS in the ONC Beacon-EHR Vendor Affinity Group," said W. Sanders Pitman, President and CEO at SuccessEHS. "Her position as co-chair underscores our dedication to staying on the forefront of health care policy and advancing health care interoperability and innovation."
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems