McKesson Specialty Health and The US Oncology Network today announced the appointment of Jeffrey Kao as chief information officer and senior vice president, Information & Technology Services.
“Jeff has a proven track record in planning, building and deploying industry-leading technologies – both internally and externally,” said Marc Owen, president, McKesson Specialty Health. “We believe that Jeff is the right person to guide our organization to the next stage of healthcare technology innovation, and help our customers and The US Oncology Network physicians achieve their clinical and operational goals in a safe, efficient manner.”
As chief information officer and senior vice president, Information & Technology Services, Jeff will be responsible for overseeing all support technologies for practices in The US Oncology Network, overseeing the internal technology infrastructure and delivering innovative, advanced technology solutions to support the many physicians and customers that McKesson Specialty Health serves.
“Technology has the potential to drive quality patient care, and Jeff’s expertise will be beneficial in supporting The US Oncology Network’s vision of delivering the best possible care to our patients,” said Michael Seiden, M.D., Ph.D., senior vice president and chief medical officer, McKesson Specialty Health and The US Oncology Network. “We are pleased to welcome him to our organization and look forward to what we will do together.”
Until recently, Jeff served as senior vice president and chief information officer for Coventry Health Care, Inc., where he led all aspects of IT including application development, infrastructure, data analytics, medical management, information risk management and corporate systems. He received his bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from the University of Washington, and his master’s in engineering and computer science from the University of California, Berkeley. He will be based in The Woodlands, Tex.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems