Medicom Health Interactive, a trusted leader in online personal health solutions, announced the appointment of Will Sigsbee as CEO effective July 7, 2014.
Mr. Sigsbee brings more than 20 years of leadership in the healthcare industry to his new role having previously served as President of ApeniMED, Inc., a Minneapolis-based health technology company recently acquired by IOD. At ApeniMED, Mr. Sigsbee led the development of interoperable Electronic Medical Record (EMR) technology for Minnesota’s Health Information Exchange (HIE), the Michigan Health Information Network, Wisconsin’s Marshfield Clinics and many other hospitals around the country.
“We welcome Will’s experience and leadership to the Medicom Health Interactive community,” said Barbara Goergen, President and Founder of Medicom Health Interactive. “In Will’s new role as CEO, he will be responsible for guiding the company with his results-oriented approach and ability to think strategically, which will play an important role in extending our successful track record of innovation and growth in the healthcare industry.”
“Medicom Health Interactive is at the forefront of developing online health assessment, self-care, and risk management software. The most reputable hospital systems, associations, and healthcare organizations are using our software to address current challenges in the healthcare industry,” said Mr. Sigsbee. “I am excited to be a part of an organization that understands the need to dynamically engage patients and deliver personalized care-coordination plans incorporating self-care modules and health education individualized for each patient’s need. Today hospitals, HIEs, accountable care organizations and other healthcare professionals are racing to implement interoperability and patient engagement strategies to meet Meaningful Use requirements. Medicom Health Interactive has cutting-edge solutions with robust content that can change the way patients and physicians interact.”
Mr. Sigsbee earned a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing from Iowa State University. He is an active member of LifeScience Alley and the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and has presented regularly on Meaningful Use and interoperability strategies around the country.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems