Nonin Medical have announced that Mark VanderWerf, Nonin's Vice President of eHealth and OEM, has been elected Chairman of the American Telemedicine Association's (ATA) Industry Council and will join the ATA's Board of Directors.
The ATA is the leading international resource and advocate promoting the use of advanced remote medical technologies. The ATA and its diverse membership work to transform healthcare to improve quality, equity and affordability throughout the world through the full integration of telemedicine and virtual care into healthcare delivery.
"We are excited to have Mark's energy, focus and experience as Chairman of the Industry Council," said Jon Linkous, Chief Executive Officer of the ATA. "The ATA's Industry Council represents the most influential corporations in telemedicine including AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Panasonic, Philips, IBM and about 45 other corporations. We welcome Mark's leadership as the ATA continues its work with industry to advance the future of telemedicine."
VanderWerf is a globally recognized thought leader, speaker, and advisor in telehealth, telemedicine and virtual care. He was the founder and President of AMD Global Telemedicine, Inc., the world's leading supplier of medical devices for telemedicine, as well as Telehealth Advisors, an industry consulting practice. VanderWerf was elected to the College of Fellows at the ATA in 2011 and is a founding board member of the International Society for Telemedicine and eHealth.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014