Divurgent, a recognized leader in Healthcare IT Consulting, has announced that Bert Reese has joined its team as Vice President, Portfolio Management and Innovation. In his new role, Reese will work with Divurgent's Executive Team and service-line leaders to deploy solutions that leverage both data and client culture to integrate business, clinical, and financial services, thereby achieving reduced health costs, advanced care delivery, and improved population health.
The announcement follows last week's appointment of Steve Eckert, FACHE, as Divurgent's new President and COO; both appointments come during a period of rapid growth and unprecedented market demand for the award-winning firm.
"I join the entire Divurgent team in welcoming Bert to his new role. As one of the industry's longest-serving CIOs, Bert has helped to set precedents for the future of healthcare through advances in information technology, patient access, and electronic-medical-record standards across the care continuum," said Eckert. "We look forward to working with Bert, drawing on his extensive experience and strategic insights to continuously shape and refine our service offerings to meet evolving healthcare market demands."
Reese brings more than 30 years' experience with Sentara Healthcare, one of the nation's most advanced integrated health systems. Most recently, he served as Sentara's Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, with responsibility for information technology, process improvement, and information and supply-chain management. Reese's achievements at Sentara include the implementation of a cross-enterprise electronic health record, which drove significant financial savings and improved clinical outcomes throughout the system.
"In the years I have worked with Divurgent – both as a client and on the Advisory Board – I have grown to respect and admire my new company's passion for advancing the delivery of care through its use of innovative technologies," said Reese. "I look forward to contributing to Divurgent's continued growth as the company leverages insight, agility, and unparalleled dedication to every client's success – a potent chemistry as Divurgent works to improve the health of the patient communities we serve."
The key roles Reese played in his work with Sentara are credited with helping the health system earn awards including Most Wired, Top 100 Innovations, best employer in Information Technology, and the Davies Award.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine
- Philips Debuts New Cloud-Based Clinical Analytics Dashboard To Enhance Patient Care And Staff Efficiency In Critical Care
- Mayo Clinic Reports Strong Performance in 2015
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Sharp To Showcase Solutions At Healthcare Information And Management Systems Society Annual Conference
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Philips And Allianz Worldwide Partners Launch Connected Health Solution And Services In Germany
- Philips Enters New Agreement On Patient Monitoring Systems And Software With The Stockholm County Council