NextGen Healthcare Information Systems, LLC., a wholly owned subsidiary of Quality Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSII) and a leading provider of healthcare information systems and connectivity solutions, announced today it has entered into a strategic agreement with Medline Industries, Inc., the nation's largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare products to hospitals, extended care facilities, surgery centers, physician offices and home care organizations.
Under the agreement, Medline’s national medical sales force of more than 1,100 representatives will work with NextGen Healthcare to co-market NextGen ® solutions to Medline’s customer base comprised of more than 100,000 locations consisting of physician practices and hospitals and other healthcare facilities. Medline will also work with its medical device and productivity partners to encourage them to combine their solutions with NextGen ® Ambulatory EHR, to provide a fully-integrated, quality patient experience that helps drive the bottom line performance of Medline’s physician clients.
The alliance also identifies Medline as the preferred provider of medical supplies for the NextGen ® Preferred Provider Advantage purchasing program. This online program is a value-added service to the NextGen Healthcare customer base that enables clients to purchase their medical supplies, equipment, and pharmaceuticals at a discounted rate. Medline and NextGen Healthcare both provide high value, cost effective products and services that enable better quality care,” said Bob Ortiz, Medline’s vice president of sales for physician offices.
“Adding NextGen® solutions to our more than 125,000 medical products, supplies, equipment and services, makes Medline a true one-stop provider for all physician practices and hospitals.” “NextGen Healthcare’s extensive portfolio, coupled with Medline’s quality products and services, enhances an organization’s ability to reduce costs while providing improved patient care,” said Michael Paquin, vice president of business development for NextGen Healthcare. "Leveraging one another’s organizational strengths allows us to provide products and services to healthcare organizations at costeffective rates while helping to increase the adoption of healthcare information technology across practices and hospitals."
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems