Amcom Software, Inc. today announced that Sidra Medical and Research Center in Qatar has selected Amcom’s emergency notification and call center solutions to handle critical communications for both the main facility and a separate disaster recovery location. Initially introduced to Sidra through an alliance with Dell Inc., Amcom was chosen due to its credibility among healthcare facilities and history of providing advanced, reliable solutions.
Sidra is the vision of Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, who envisions the facility as the most advanced medical institute in the Middle East and a world center of excellence in patient care, research and medical education. All aspects of the facility have been carefully researched and vetted to ensure a highly reliable infrastructure. Currently, hundreds of hospitals around the world rely on Amcom to support the core of their communications. A hospital’s call center is the public voice of the facility, as well as the critical communications hub. Amcom helps operators process calls quickly and accurately, record conversations for quality improvements, and coordinate emergency responders for code calls (such as code STEMI).
“Sidra’s vision of being one of the most technologically advanced medical research centers in the world has taken another step forward as we begin our cooperation with Amcom, which will provide us with tools to ensure a truly patient-centered environment. We are excited to begin our relationship with Amcom,” said Paul Casterton, Sidra’s IT Development Project Director. “I am delighted that Amcom will be a part of this first-class facility,” said Colin Balmforth, President, Amcom Software. “The selection of Amcom underscores both the quality and reliability of our solutions, used at the best hospitals in the U.S. and abroad. It also provides further evidence of strong demand throughout the Middle East for our solutions. The team at our Dubai office will support the installation and work closely with Sidra staff as they implement the project.”
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems