Zynx Health™, the market leader in providing evidence-based clinical decision support (CDS) solutions, today announced ZynxInside® Plans of Care. Historically, hospitals have taken a traditional approach to implementing CDS content, which included a laborious manual build. In partnership with MEDITECH, ZynxInside Plans of Care eliminates the manual build by embedding Zynx-derived care plans directly into the MEDITECH Patient Care System (PCS), which are automatically made available as soon as the MEDITECH system is up and running.
With the industry's deepest possible level of CDS integration, hospitals can deliver a comprehensive set of evidence-based care plans for their nurses and interdisciplinary teams in significantly less time and with far fewer people resources.
"Frederick Memorial Hospital is in the process of a large Healthcare Information Systems (HCIS) implementation from a MEDITECH Magic Platform to being the first site for MEDITECH's 6.1 platform in the United States. As an organization that has achieved HIMSS stage 6 designation and attested for its second year with Meaningful Use, it is important to our organization to have evidence-based care plans and physician order sets," said David Quirke , vice president and chief information officer at Frederick Memorial Hospital.
"With such a large project, utilizing ZynxInside Plans of Care for our evidence-based care plan solution with content already embedded into the MEDITECH system was a great decision, saving us both time and resources. In addition, the collaborative approach from Zynx Health with integrating our evidence-based care plans and order sets has been extremely helpful."
"A faster CDS deployment means that clients will be able to more quickly demonstrate compliance with regulatory initiatives and accrediting bodies including The Joint Commission and the American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC)," said Cathy Turner , associate vice president at MEDITECH.
"This is the most recent demonstration of the strong partnership MEDITECH has with Zynx Health. Together, we are helping our mutual clients optimize the value of their EHRs."
Available for MEDITECH Client/Server versions 5.54+ or 6.x, ZynxInside Plans of Care helps organizations efficiently and cost-effectively standardize care plans, drive evidence-based practice to the point of care, and increase clinical adoption. As a result, organizations can more quickly realize the rewards of evidence-based clinical content, including improved quality of care, patient safety, and financial outcomes. Additionally, with an annual Content Update and Maintenance program exclusive to ZynxInside Plans of Care, organizations can easily keep care plans optimized and aligned with the strategic goals of the organization.
"Today's announcement builds upon our long-standing relationship with MEDITECH," said Clyde Wesp, Jr. , MD, MAOM, senior vice president and executive clinical strategist at Zynx Health. "By offering ZynxInside Plans of Care, hospitals can benefit from the streamlined deployment process while also deriving full value from the ZynxCare® experience."
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems