Mayo Clinic today announced that it has entered into a multiyear agreement with Valurise Health Solutions, Inc. (VHS), known as Haorensheng in China, to integrate components of Mayo Clinic's suite of Healthy Living services into their existing product line for employers and insurers in Greater China, including the PRC (People's Republic of China), Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan.
As part of the deal, Mayo Clinic will provide its Ask Mayo Clinic triage algorithms; EmbodyHealth programs, tools, and newsletters; health information content; Mayo Clinic Health Letter; and condition management content and materials. VHS will be responsible for translating, culturally incorporating and integrating the Mayo Clinic content and knowledge into its products and services, and for marketing, selling, delivering and supporting the resulting products/services in China. For its contribution to the collaboration, Mayo Clinic will receive equity in VHS and royalties over the multiyear term. Simultaneous with its license and collaboration agreement with VHS, Mayo Clinic and SAIF Partners are investors in VHS. SAIF Partners is a leading growth venture capital fund focused on China and India.
"Mayo Clinic's legacy of providing exceptional patient care and advancing the science of health care delivery through the transfer of knowledge and information allows us to extend the hope and healing of Mayo Clinic to people everywhere," says Paul Limburg, M.D., medical director, Mayo Clinic Office of Wellness. "We are excited to provide Mayo Clinic knowledge to the people of China, where the demand for high quality health and wellness offerings is growing rapidly. We welcome this opportunity to inform, inspire and partner with the people of China in their quest for better health."
"We aim to meet the phenomenal demand for chronic disease management and prevention programs in China," states Dr. Rico W. Tang, CEO of VHS/Haorensheng. "Haorensheng is a leading brand in this rapidly expanding health risk management market and we represent the highest standard in China in providing innovative and one-stop health solutions. By partnering with other healthcare providers in China, Haorensheng is now providing services to more than 50% of all life/health insurers and over a million people from leading enterprise employers, government agencies and social security departments. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to receive investment and support from Mayo Clinic, one of the true pioneers of high quality health and wellness in the world."
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Philips And Allianz Worldwide Partners Launch Connected Health Solution And Services In Germany
- Philips Enters New Agreement On Patient Monitoring Systems And Software With The Stockholm County Council
- Four Leading U.S. Health Systems Sign On To Improve ICU Care With Philips Enterprise Telehealth Programs
- National Decision Support Company Launches CareSelect
- Siemens Healthcare Limited Expands Consolidation With New Assays
- TriZetto’s New QNXT Configuration Solution Enables Healthcare Payers To Rapidly Change, Launch Products For Success In Post-Reform Market
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems