Siemens Healthcare has officially opened a dedicated training facility for its syngo clinical imaging solutions. This includes the advanced 3D routine and reading solution, syngo®.via. The syngo Training Academy is located in the Siemens Healthcare Academy Training and Education Centre, a purpose-built facility at the Siemens plc headquarters in Frimley, Surrey.
The Academy is running regular courses for syngo customers in the UK and North West Europe on both general and specialised IT topics throughout the year. Increased demand for targeted and cost-effective training prompted the creation of a dedicated syngo Training Academy. The main Siemens Academy Training and Education Centre has been established for many years providing support and education for laboratory diagnostic customers. The extension, to include imaging applications, will enhance clinician knowledge of syngo’s potential, promoting user confidence and improved workflow. The training on syngo.via includes networking images across modalities and efficient and structured workflows.
The official opening was attended by over 40 guests hosted by Peter Harrison, Managing Director UK of Siemens Healthcare and included some of the leading figures behind syngo.via technology such as Stefan Schaller, Healthcare Sector Cluster Lead, North West Europe; Dr Louise McKenna, VP Global Application Services; and Dr Arthur Kaindl, CEO syngo at Siemens Healthcare.
“We are very excited to have opened the doors to the syngo Training Academy at Siemens Healthcare in the UK with the aim to provide extra support to our imaging customers,” said Ronan Kirby, syngo Business Manager at Siemens Healthcare.
“The courses will ensure that our installed base have easy and cost effective access to specialist training without the need for international travel. Our ongoing goal is to extend and enhance our customer’s knowledge of their syngo applications, which will lead to greater workflow benefits and stronger diagnostic confidence in the hospital environment.”
syngo.via is a multi-modality advanced visualisation solution that automatically prepares cases for reading and reporting according to condition-specific requirements. It can securely share images and reports with hospital staff from any location, inside or outside of the hospital, due to access being available from any computer through syngo Mobile Applications. The automated preparation of cases helps to streamline workflow and enhance productivity within hospital departments. As part of the syngo family of products from Siemens Healthcare, syngo.via can either be integrated with a variety of other applications from the range or used as a stand-alone device.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems