OnRamp, a data center operations company headquartered in Austin, TX, announced plans to participate in National Health Information Technology (NHIT) Week, September 16-20, 2013.
OnRamp will demonstrate how the company supports many health information technology (HIT) businesses with HIPAA Compliance Hosting solutions that enable innovation in the field by removing the concerns for the confidentiality, availability and integrity of electronic protected health information.
The company will host a lunch and learn event on September 18th in coordination with the Austin Chapter of the Health Technology Forum (HTF) to educate its members on the important role HIT plays in improving healthcare delivery in America.
"Traditionally, healthcare companies have been slow to adopt new technology or outsource the care and maintenance of their sensitive healthcare data," stated OnRamp Founder Chad Kissinger of HIPAA compliance in a piece titled 'The Future of Health IT'. "As a result, the healthcare industry, in many cases, has not been able to take advantage of the countless advances in technology."
In an effort to support NHIT Week's mission of fostering comprehensive healthcare reform through system-wide adoption of health information technology, OnRamp helps companies that work with ePHI address the physical, technical and administrative guidelines of the HIPAA Security Rule. NHIT Week was established to recognize healthcare information technology and management systems as essential tools for the purpose of increasing HIPAA compliance, improving the quality of healthcare delivery, increasing patient safety, decreasing medical errors, and strengthening the interaction between patients and healthcare providers.
The OnRamp hosted event will serve to demonstrate the role 3rd party IT vendors play in enabling new technologies and the adoption of these technologies, by addressing the key concerns of the industry: privacy and security of patient data.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems