Catawba Regional Hospice's 200 employees are committed to providing top-notch care to the seriously ill in need of palliative care.
With a 34-year history serving patients in the communities of Newton and Hickory, N.C., the facility has turned to technology to improve operations. Catawba Regional Hospice recently began using Android-based CellTrak devices and mobile-Internet enabling air cards to automate workflow and reduce costs. Daily rounds for nurses are comprised of visiting patients at their homes, and CellTrak has simplified each nurse's routine. CellTrak automatically records mileage and provides a comprehensive report complete with driving directions sent to the nurse's smartphone. The device also relays patient status and records back to headquarters over Verizon's 4G LTE wireless network.
"With new technology, our clinical staff now spend more time with patients and their families instead of filling out paper reports," said Tammy Jensen, finance director for Catawba Regional Hospice. "The result has been improved operational efficiencies that translate into reduced costs. We've already seen a $70,000 per year savings since adopting CellTrak and other Verizon Wireless devices."
The hospice's nursing team is now able to visit 90 additional patients each week. Jensen says, "Since our high-tech makeover, our patients and their families report being more satisfied with the level of care they receive. Verizon helped craft a way for our company to become better at what we do, and we're grateful for that."
Catawba Regional Hospice recently was named a winner of the 2013 Wireless Technology Innovation Awards - a competition for small and mid-sized businesses - and awarded a $10,000 grand prize for using technology in an innovative way.
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Nucleus Independent Living Enables Rapid Response to Care with CellTrak™
- Tips to Health IT Professionals for Gaining Competitive Edge in the Job Market
- Procura Attains Mobile Milestone Topping 3 Million Mobile Healthcare Visits
- Philips Expands Benelux Home Healthcare Offering With Innovative Home Medication Dispensing Service
- American Sentinel University Announces Redesigned Online Master of Science Information Systems Management Program
- CellTrakCARES Feeds the Hungry and Helps Fill Food Banks this Holiday Season
- Ark Uses CellTrak™ for Comprehensive Assessment at the Point of Care
- Tech-Savvy Seniors Seek Digital Tools to Manage Health
- Combined Fluoroscopy Solution Provides Excellent Image Quality At Eastbourne DGH
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems