Carrick Capital Partners today announced the firm's majority investment in the Procura Group of Companies (Procura).
A multinational organization specializing in healthcare software and solutions, Procura will remain under the leadership of Scott Overhill, who has been promoted from President to Chief Executive Officer. Procura is the software vendor of choice for home care, hospice, community, aged, disability and residential care organizations across the United States, Canada and Australia.
For twenty five years their software products have been part of technology and workflow processes that allow care providers worldwide to deliver quality care in an efficient manner. The organization is comprised of Procura Home Care Solutions, Progresa Healthcare Systems, ContinuLink Homecare Software and Procura Australia (formerly PeoplePoint Solutions).
"Procura is well positioned to become a dominant player in the global home health and residential health markets," stated Overhill. "We wanted a growth-oriented investment partner with a successful track record of scaling high growth companies, deep domain expertise in healthcare, and a dedication to high quality customer service. Carrick met all of our criteria. Their Approach to Building Value combined with Procura's market expertise, outstanding product depth, and dedication to customer service will help us drive increased growth and sustain our position as a market leader."
Carrick's investment in Procura underscores the firm's long-term point of view about market opportunity and their commitment to partnering with companies to help them increase market share, accelerate growth and become market leaders.
Marc McMorris, Co-Founder and Managing Director of Carrick Capital Partners, will be involved as an active member of Procura's board, and will be joined by Alex Mason, Director of Carrick Capital Partners. Additionally, Michael Greenough, former CEO of SSA Global, who participated in the transaction, will take an active role as the Company's Executive Chairman.
"As the population ages and healthcare costs continue to rise, there will be increased focus on proactively managing patient populations in the most comfortable and cost-effective settings available; patients' homes," explained McMorris. "Procura has built a valuable collection of products positioned to reduce healthcare costs and improve clinical outcomes. We are excited by the opportunity to help them accelerate growth and address evolving industry pain points."
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems