The University of South Florida (USF) in Tampa, Fla. has selected the Digisonics Cardiovascular Information System (CVIS) for their echo and nuclear studies.
The Digisonics CVIS will be implemented at four facilities across the USF enterprise including Florida Cardiovascular Institute – Tampa, Florida Cardiovascular Institute – Sun City, USF Health South Tampa Center for Advanced Healthcare and USF Health Morsani Center for Advanced Healthcare.
The Digisonics Cardiovascular Information System will provide USF clinicians with the ability to quickly create structured reports for their cardiovascular studies. Users will also have fully functional remote reading capabilities through the secure web-based DigiNet Pro application for anywhere, anytime access to the complete CVIS.
WebView, an easy-to-use universal viewer application, will allow users to quickly access their patient images and reports from any HTML5 capable web browser or operating system including iPads, tablets and iMac. USF will also implement the Digisonics Search Package, a comprehensive, user-configurable search engine. This powerful tool allows the facility to quickly set up search criteria to extract clinical information for use in research, compile statistics required for accreditation and generate management reports to target areas for productivity and efficiency.
The facility will seamlessly integrate their Allscripts EMR with the Digisonics CVIS via HL7 interfaces for Orders In and Results Out. Integration with USF’s GE VE 9 ultrasound machines will autopopulate the patient demographics and measurements directly into the Digisonics structured report, reducing manual entry time and eliminating the potential for entry errors.
As a result, the Digisonics Cardiovascular Information System enables The University of South Florida to create a seamless digital workflow with improved efficiency, greater reporting accuracy and faster report turnaround times.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems