Nottingham City Hospital, part of the Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, has chosen a SOMATOM® Definition AS+ system to bolster its CT department and enhance patient care during imaging procedures.
The system procurement was facilitated by a member of the community, James Redgate, who left a donation to Nottingham Hospitals Charity in his will. The system is imaging up to 30 patients per day, and staff have reported that the simple and well laid out user interface enhances workflow.
“We are currently using the system for a variety of different procedures. These currently include general oncology and neurology work, as well as stroke and vascular procedures,” states Paul Holland, CT Superintendent Radiographer at Nottingham City Hospital. “While we have been impressed with a number of the system’s features, one of the most important results has been that the system is able to reduce acquisition times especially for our cardiac/vascular gated procedures. Our continuing focus on enhancing patient care has enabled us to offer new services such as Dual Energy procedures for metal artifact reduction in Orthopaedics and kidney stone characterisation. We have now used the body perfusion protocol and acquired some liver perfusion as part of a research trial. In the future we are hoping to add brain profusion procedures for stroke patients and purposes,” continues Paul Holland.
“As we already have a SOMATOM Definition AS in the department, everybody is already well-versed in using the system so its user friendly interface and single-click simplicity provides clinicians with continued confidence when using the system.” “Nottingham City Hospitals’ future plan to add new services to its imaging repertoire is highly commendable and we look forward to supporting the team with existing and future technology,” states Sarah Sandhu, Regional Sales Manager at Siemens Healthcare. “The hospital has prioritised patient comfort and the installation of the Definition AS+ will continue to ensure stress-free procedures.”
The Definition AS+ provides fast and accurate diagnosis and meets the demands for a reliable and flexible CT system for procedures such as trauma imaging, surgery and intervention. Clinicians have been impressed with the CARE (Combined Applications to Reduce Exposure) features, enabling delivery of the right dose in combination with superb image quality.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine
- Philips Debuts New Cloud-Based Clinical Analytics Dashboard To Enhance Patient Care And Staff Efficiency In Critical Care
- Mayo Clinic Reports Strong Performance in 2015
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Divurgent Appoints Bert Reese Vice President, Portfolio Management and Innovation
- Sharp To Showcase Solutions At Healthcare Information And Management Systems Society Annual Conference
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Philips And Allianz Worldwide Partners Launch Connected Health Solution And Services In Germany
- Philips Enters New Agreement On Patient Monitoring Systems And Software With The Stockholm County Council