Earlier this year, Palmetto GBA announced new medical prepay audits based on certain HIPPS codes that have the highest denial rates. While they have internally identified the top 20 HIPPS groupings with the highest denial rates, they have currently published and set up pre-pay audits for two code groupings. When an End of Episode (EOE) claim is submitted using one of these two HIPPS groupings, Palmetto GBA could place the claims into ADR status and providers will be required to submit additional documentation from the chart in order for a payment determination to be made.
In response to this announcement by Palmetto GBA, HEALTHCAREfirst developed Business Intelligence reporting that will enable home health agencies to identify and monitor episodes that will be audited upon EOE submission. Agencies can then focus on the charts that make up these at-risk claims, ensuring that their documentation is accurate and complete should the claims go into ADR status.
In addition, HEALTHCAREfirst has expanded the HIPPS code groupings beyond the two identified by Palmetto GBA to include ten additional code groupings that may be subject to audit, based on internal statistics. This assists home health agencies in preparing for potential upcoming audits, regardless of their MAC. In addition, Episode Master, the automated QA tool within Business Intelligence has received a number of enhancements that include more detailed messages and suggestions to help protect agency review and ensure documentation is as accurate as possible due to increased industry scrutiny. These edits focus on many of the issues that typically result in take backs when agencies are targeted.
“Like never before, home health agencies must know where their money is at all times in order to avoid interruptions in their revenue cycle. These new enhancements are important additions to our Business Intelligence analytics tool, providing the information needed to make informed business decisions before it’s too late,” said Stan Bell, Vice President of Product Management.
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Philips And Allianz Worldwide Partners Launch Connected Health Solution And Services In Germany
- Philips Enters New Agreement On Patient Monitoring Systems And Software With The Stockholm County Council
- Four Leading U.S. Health Systems Sign On To Improve ICU Care With Philips Enterprise Telehealth Programs
- National Decision Support Company Launches CareSelect
- Siemens Healthcare Limited Expands Consolidation With New Assays
- TriZetto’s New QNXT Configuration Solution Enables Healthcare Payers To Rapidly Change, Launch Products For Success In Post-Reform Market
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems