HP (NYSE: HPQ) have announced that Orion Health, a New Zealand-based leader in health information exchange (HIE), electronic health records (EHR) and healthcare integration solutions, has selected HP Converged Cloud to support its global managed health services. Health technology solutions enable providers to quickly and securely access critical patient data in order to coordinate patient health and improve population health.
These solutions need to be standardized to meet both compliance and regulatory requirements. Orion Health has implemented products and solutions that are used by hundreds of thousands of clinicians to help facilitate care for tens of millions of patients across more than 35 countries. Clinicians, provider facilities and original equipment manufacturing (OEM) partners rely on Orion Health to facilitate data exchange between hospitals, health systems, HIEs, EHRs, and affiliated providers and medical devices.
This results in improved care coordination and enhanced quality of care. HP is providing Orion Health with a scalable and secure virtual infrastructure that is based on HP CloudSystem Matrix, an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) for private and hybrid cloud environments. This enables customers to quickly provision their infrastructure for physical and virtual environments. By implementing HP CloudSystem Solutions and HP Cloud Maps Solutions, Orion Health will have the flexibility to deliver cloud services that are tailored for each of its customers.
"Through a combination of HP Cloud Maps and Orion Health Managed Services, we will be able to quickly build a comprehensive catalogue of applications for simple deployment, reducing the time to deliver a new application," said Paul Cunningham, chief technical architect, Orion Health.
"By selecting HP, Orion Health will have the flexibility to deliver cloud services that are tailored for each customer on demand, and will be more agile and efficient while maintaining industry compliance and security standards."
The implementation of HP CloudSystem Matrix will enable Orion Health to:
- Increase performance through a scalable IaaS model that rapidly adjusts to dynamic business demands in minutes.
- Increase availability through a system enclosure that adds redundancy to each server so there is no single point of failure.
- Maintain compliance and regulatory requirements by hosting sensitive and private data on-site in a secure environment.
- Lower administration costs by enabling individual administrators to manage both virtual and physical resources using the same set of tools.
Orion Health will leverage HP's global reach to provide its integrated solution around the world, enabling it to generate new revenue streams by enhancing its managed services IaaS offering.
"As the health technology market evolves and grows, healthcare technology providers need to quickly and easily access information while complying with global regulatory requirements," said Saar Gillai, senior vice president and general manager, Converged Cloud, HP. "With a global understanding of the healthcare regulatory environment coupled with its expertise and portfolio, HP is uniquely positioned to provide complete HP Converged Cloud solutions that reduce deployment times and enable integrated health services worldwide."
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- National Decision Support Company Launches CareSelect
- Siemens Healthcare Limited Expands Consolidation With New Assays
- BayCare Health System Recognized for Achievement in Electronic Medical Record Adoption by Leading Global Organization
- Procura Attains Mobile Milestone Topping 3 Million Mobile Healthcare Visits
- American Sentinel University Announces Redesigned Online Master of Science Information Systems Management Program
- Combined Fluoroscopy Solution Provides Excellent Image Quality At Eastbourne DGH
- A Proposal To Increase EHR Satisfaction Using Education
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems