athenahealth, Inc. and Phoebe Physician Group announced that Phoebe has selected the athenaOne® suite of EHR, integrated revenue cycle management, and patient portal services for use across its growing network of employed physicians.
Phoebe Physician Group, comprised of 260 multi-specialty providers, will also leverage athenahealth's population health management and analytics services to support its transition from volume- to value-based care. Phoebe Physician Group is a self-governing, not-for-profit entity that includes clinic practices and hospital-based physicians throughout Phoebe Putney Health System, a not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system that serves more than 500,000 residents in Southwest Georgia.
Phoebe Physician Group offers common services for employed physicians, including revenue management, practice management, contracting, staff development, and more. athenahealth will enable Phoebe Physician Group to consolidate its providers, currently on six separate EHRs and three practice management systems, onto the single athenaNet® platform.
Phoebe Physician Group will also leverage athenaCare®, athenahealth's optimization services, to ensure full service adoption and workflow tuning across its provider base.
"With Meaningful Use, ICD-10 next year, and a growing set of demands on physicians, we sought a partner who could help us navigate the shift from volume- to value-based care by working with us to map out and execute a data-driven and actionable plan. This is an exciting and meaningful partnership that will help us to work smarter as we serve patients," said Bob LaGesse, senior vice president, Phoebe Physician Group. "athenahealth offers our growing network of providers a single, simple, and service-backed platform that we are confident will support our needs for care delivery, administrative efficiency, and patient engagement; it is also nimble and scalable enough to carry us through the 21st century and beyond."
Ed Park, executive vice president and chief operating officer, athenahealth, said, "Too many physician groups across the United States are running on closed systems that don't communicate, have a costly onramp, and can't scale quickly for growth. We are excited to partner with Phoebe Physician Group, which is breaking down these barriers and saying 'no' to antiquated software stacks that can't meet the needs of their providers in the changing health care environment. athenahealth brings the power of the cloud—an open platform—with a Best in KLAS suite of value-added services for enhanced connectivity and peak performance."
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems