American Sentinel University, a leading online accredited university offering degree programs focused on the needs of high-growth sectors, today announced it will be offering a redesigned online Master of Science Information Systems Management (MSISM) program beginning in the winter 2014 term.
The MSISM is a nationally accredited 36-credit hour (12 courses) online program designed to focus on the demand for information systems managers in the health care community and its increasing information technology needs. The redesigned program places greater emphasis and exposure on information systems integration and management created by current industry trends such as big data, cloud computing and mobile computing advances.
“American Sentinel’s Master of Science in Information Systems Management program teaches the skills needed in management of current and evolving technology practices with a focus on the health care industry, while providing an educational foundation for professional growth,” says Kurt Linberg, Ph.D., provost at American Sentinel University.
Program Shaped by IT and Health Care Leaders The program blends theory and practice and leverages action learning with a technology curriculum delivered by expert faculty with real-world health technology exp
erience that help students master skills applicable to real-word needs. As a result, students in the MSISM program will develop a thorough knowledge of the field and master the following skills for future professional growth:
Apply advanced information systems tools, techniques and methodologies to solve and prevent problems in health care organizations.
Incorporate ethical principles into business strategies and project management.
Manage health care information systems development projects from inception to conclusion.
Identify future strategic initiatives for a health care organization’s information systems/IT function.
Identify opportunities and problems in a health care system, critically analyze possible solutions and tools relevant to these topics and clearly communicate a recommended system specification.
Advantages for IT Professionals and Career Changers
The North American health care information technology market (HCIT) is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 7.4 percent and is expected to reach $31.3 billion by 2017 due to increasing demand for clinical information technology and administrative solutions and services. Dr. Linberg notes that as health care continues to rely on computer systems in their organizations, there will be an even greater demand for professionals who have mastered these important technology skills.
He notes that the MSISM program is ideal for those seeking a transition to a new career in health care or for technology professionals looking to enhance their credentials with management integration and advanced technology skills.
“Expertise in information systems integration and management, expanding your computer skills and increasing your knowledge in big data, cloud and mobile technology ensures that professionals will be proficient in solving technology challenges,” says Dr. Linberg. “Our MSISM program will help make a professional invaluable in the current health care job market and in the future.”
American Sentinel University’s MSISM program is accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC) and is an approved education partner of 36 major U.S. hospital systems. The university offers real-world application, experienced faculty and learning outcomes that support clinical or administration decision-making to meet the latest operational, legislative and accrediting requirements.
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Siemens Healthcare Limited Expands Consolidation With New Assays
- Procura Attains Mobile Milestone Topping 3 Million Mobile Healthcare Visits
- Combined Fluoroscopy Solution Provides Excellent Image Quality At Eastbourne DGH
- Charlotte Area Hospice Uses Technology to Improve Patient Care
- Mobile Solution Product Family Offers Hospice Leader Choice
- Child at St. Louis Children's Hospital One of First in the Midwest to Receive Implantable Heart Pump
- World Mobile Healthcare (mHealth) Market 2013-2018 - eHealth, Telemedicine & Health Informatics
- d-Wise Technologies Partners with Futrix Health to Deliver Healthcare Analytics and Business Intelligence Platform for Population Risk Management
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems