Amazing Charts.com, LLC, a leading developer of Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems, released the results of its second Amazing Charts User Survey, revealing new insights into what physicians want from their continuing medical education (CME).
A total of 316 Amazing Charts users completed the online survey from March 26 to July 9, 2014. When asked whether users would like to see a more direct connection between the CME they take and patient outcomes, eighty-one percent responded affirmatively. Seventy-eight percent of respondents said "yes" when asked whether CME delivered at the point of care (in the form of decision support) could lend valuable insights into the management of patients. The survey also found that less than one percent of respondents currently consume CME through an EHR system, demonstrating a significant unmet need in the marketplace for new approaches to CME delivery.
"Since Pri-Med and Amazing Charts combined in November 2012, we have been working to push the boundaries of what clinicians can achieve through an EHR system -- such as integrating clinical data analytics and CME to facilitate more prescriptive education, close knowledge gaps, and improve patient outcomes," said John Squire, president and COO of Amazing Charts. "Our survey points to a clear demand for medical education to help improve the treatment and improvement of patients. Beyond using data analytics to help bridge the divide, what's needed are the technology tools that can help clinicians access personalized education and resources to address the needs of their specific patient population."
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems