NaphCare have announced that TechCare™ v.4.0, is compliant with the ONC 2011 Edition criteria and was certified as an EHR Module on January 22, 2013 by the Certification Commission for Health Information Technology (CCHIT®), an ONC-ACB, in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. The ONC 2011 Edition criteria support the Stage 1 meaningful use measures required to qualify eligible providers and hospitals for funding under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
"We are very pleased to achieve this certification for the TechCare™ EHR system. TechCare™ is an efficient correctional-specific EHR, and technology that helps clinicians improve inmate patient care, manage the workflow more efficiently and manage costs," said James S. McLane, CEO of NaphCare. "We believe this certification validates the ability of our TechCare™ EHR system to support these very capabilities. All clinicians using or considering TechCare™ can be confident that the system can support their patient care and practice management needs."
The ONC HIT Certification Program certifies that Complete EHRs meet all of the 2011 Edition criteria and EHR Modules meet one or more – but not all – of the criteria approved by the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) for either eligible provider or hospital technology. Companies offering ONC HIT certified EHR modules may return to test additional ONC 2011 Edition criteria and certify their products as Complete EHRs later. Companies certifying products early in the ONC HIT certification process must quickly adapt their products to meet the evolving nature of the NIST test procedures, particularly for electronic prescribing.
ONC HIT certification updates will be available at CCHIT as they occur. "CCHIT congratulates companies successfully achieving EHR technology certification," said Alisa Ray, executive director, CCHIT. "These companies are now able to make their products available to providers wishing to adopt health IT to demonstrate meaningful use and earn Stage 1 incentives." TechCare™ v.4.0’s certification number is CC-1112-100065-1. ONC HIT certification conferred by CCHIT does not represent an endorsement of the certified EHR technology by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems