M*Modal, a leading provider of clinical documentation and Speech Understanding™ solutions, today announced that the University of Virginia (UVA) Health System will deploy M*Modal Fluency Direct™ and M*Modal Catalyst for Quality™ to speech-enable its electronic health record (EHR) systems, bringing greater insight and analysis to patient records. Using M*Modal's cloud-based Natural Language Understanding™ speech engine, these solutions enable medical staff and informatics professionals to quickly and accurately capture clinical narratives for improved billing, productivity and patient care.
M*Modal's technology is the exclusive speech platform for all of UVA's health facilities, which include a 604-bed hospital, level I trauma center, nationally recognized cancer and heart centers and primary and specialty clinics throughout Central Virginia. "Electronic medical records have significant potential to help us improve the care we provide for our patients," said Mark Andersen, interim chief of technology services and health information for UVA Health System. "Comprehensive documentation of the care we provide is vital for a variety of reasons."
The technology solutions selected by UVA Health Systems have different roles in the clinical documentation process and offer various benefits for all the stakeholders involved. M*Modal Fluency Direct enables physicians and hospital staff to dictate and originate documentation directly within EHR templates in a single step. Using speech instead of a keyboard, physicians tend to expand on the patient narrative, capturing greater insight in clinical documents that can be leveraged in areas like coding. M*Modal Catalyst for Quality aggregates records from across the enterprise, uncovers insights and makes clinical information locked in narrative text quickly available and shareable. It also identifies gaps and inaccuracies in documentation to drive CDI initiatives, quality measures and Meaningful Use readiness. By improving document specificity, it helps with ICD-10 transition.
"Using conversational documentation, our technology enables physicians to generate truly useable information that drives actions within an EHR, ensuring better productivity and patient outcomes," said Vern Davenport, CEO of M*Modal. "M*Modal's products give UVA Health System a strong platform for building dynamic, high-quality patient records and getting the most out of their EHR system investment."
M*Modal's solutions share a single, integrated speech engine, giving physicians and health care professionals a single user profile and consistent, high-quality documentation across all clinical systems. Both Fluency and Catalyst products provide comprehensive speech understanding from day one, based on a library of nearly 200,000 voice patterns in the M*Modal cloud. M*Modal's Natural Language Understanding draws from a decade of learning to recognize medical terminologies and specialties, as well as different accents, dialects and cadences, for "first time right" speech understanding.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems