BIOTRONIK, a worldwide leader in manufacturing cardiac medical devices and pioneer of remote patient management solutions, today announced it has successfully completed its final interoperability testing process for BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring® , an Internet-based system for patient and implantable cardiac device information. IHE “Connectathon” During the week of January 9, 2012, BIOTRONIK participated in the “Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise” (IHE) North American Connectathon in Chicago, Illinois, to test its implantable device cardiac observation (IDCO) profile.
This testing 1 demonstrated the ability of BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring® to connect to third-party electronic health record (EHR) systems and cardiovascular data management systems using defined industry standards. The connecting technology from the BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring® system to the EHRs is called BIOTRONIK EHR DataSync® . The conclusion from this successful testing is that BIOTRONIK EHR DataSync® will enable physicians and hospitals to share data seamlessly, which should increase productivity, eliminate redundant medical device management systems and improve clinical decision making and quality of care.
In this round of testing, BIOTRONIK proved the ability of BIOTRONIK EHR DataSync® to connect with widely implemented EHR vendor systems (e.g., Epic and Medical Micrographics), as well as emerging and established cardiovascular data management systems (e.g., ScottCare’s OneView™ CRM). The IHE developed their testing process to promote the adoption of standards that enable healthcare information to be shared seamlessly across clinical settings. The IHE’s goals are to drive standards for interoperability, to increase efficiency, and to reduce costs to healthcare customers, such as those in the cardiology, radiology and laboratory markets.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems