QuadraMed® Corporation announced that Avita Health System has established QuadraMed’s electronic health record (EHR) as a critical component of its Stage 1 Meaningful Use attestation blueprint for its hospitals. To launch this strategy, Avita Health System leveraged best practices from Galion Community Hospital, the first hospital in its network to achieve Stage 1, as it attested while also streamlining administrative processes, better tracking performance measures, and setting more targeted quality care and reporting goals for the future. Galion Community Hospital rolled out QuadraMed’s Computerized-Patient Record (QCPR) EHR last year to support its Stage 1 efforts.
During implementation, Avita Health System worked with the hospital to develop an attestation strategy, which included:
- Engaging QuadraMed’s service team to provide additional staffing and IT resources;
- Leveraging hospital leadership and physician champions to gain provider acceptance of the new technology;
- and Training staff to use the EHR in its entirety to hasten return on investment and maximize its benefits.
All of these measures helped the hospital quickly attest to Stage 1 by eliminating paper-based clinical recordkeeping and implementing certified physician order entry, patient problem lists, and a controlled medical vocabulary.
“It takes a lot of time, effort, and money to prepare a hospital for Meaningful Use, which is why we worked closely with QuadraMed. Galion Community Hospital relied on QuadraMed to help develop specific implementation and provider training methodology for the EHR,” said Andrew Daniels, Chief Operating Officer at Avita Health System. “We are happy to report that, by using this process, Galion Community Hospital successfully demonstrated that using an EHR improves the quality, safety, and efficiency of patient care, while also reducing health data disparities. We’re excited to continue our partnership with QuadraMed to tackle future Meaningful Use initiatives in our system.”
Avita Health System will use its attestation blueprint to help other hospitals in its network attest to Stage 1. Bucyrus Community Hospital, for example, will begin the formal attestation process this spring, which Avita Health System anticipates will take half as long as Galion Community Hospital’s preparations. “Throughout our long partnership, Galion and Bucyrus Community Hospitals have been leaders in providing high-quality, cost-efficient care to patients,” said Duncan W. James, CEO at QuadraMed. “We applaud Galion Community Hospital for this significant achievement and we’re looking forward to working closely with Avita Health System as they continue to grow their network and look for innovative ways to improve care delivery.”
Galion and Bucyrus Community Hospitals, two of QuadraMed’s longest-standing customers, have used QuadraMed products for more than 10 years to improve care quality and efficiency for their respective communities.
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- National Decision Support Company Launches CareSelect
- BayCare Health System Recognized for Achievement in Electronic Medical Record Adoption by Leading Global Organization
- A Proposal To Increase EHR Satisfaction Using Education
- CMS:Electronic Health Records Empower Patients And Equip Doctors
- Orion Health Chooses HP to Support Managed Health Services
- Isala Clinics in the Netherlands speeds up radiology workflow and patient throughput with Agfa HealthCare’s IMPAX RIS/PACS
- Report on Survey of Physician Adoption of Electronic Health Records
- AT&T 4G LTE Expands In Copiah County
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems