The momentum surrounding the adoption of integrating smart pumps and EMR technology is outweighing the myriad of integration challenges facing providers. In a recent report entitled Smart Pump/EMR Integration: Not Easy, but Worth the Effort, early adopters share their insights, progress, and the impact this technology is having in their organizations.
"Providers make it clear that they feel smart pump and EMR integration is the future of how IV medications will be administered," said Coray Tate, report author for the Smart Pumps 2013 Report from KLAS. "They see integration as a big step forward in patient safety, one that will one day be the industry standard. The question on everyone's mind is, 'how far away is the future?'"
As part of the study, KLAS interviewed all of the health systems across the country that are currently integrating smart pumps with their EMRs. The pump vendors reviewed in the report include B. Braun, Baxter, CareFusion, Hospira, and Smiths Medical. The EMR vendors reviewed include Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, McKesson, MEDITECH, and Siemens. The report reveals that as of July 2013, nine organizations are live with pump/EMR integration and an additional 54 organizations are reported to be under contract. While it is still early, some vendors are well positioned to separate themselves as the leaders.
For further details, visit KLAS online at www.KLASresearch.com/reports to view Smart Pump/EMR Integration: Not Easy, but Worth the Effort.
The report is available to healthcare providers and vendors. Providers receive a significant discount off the standard retail price or can receive a complimentary summary report in exchange for a survey about one of their current vendors.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems