SA Ignite, Inc., a provider of software solutions that streamline, automate and track the achievement of Meaningful Use (MU) of electronic health records (EHR), announced that the Mount Sinai Health System, comprised of seven hospital campuses and the Icahn School of Medicine in New York City and winner of the HIMSS 2012 Davies Enterprise Award for health IT achievement, has selected its MU Assistant® solution.
MU Assistant is a cloud-based software solution that automates the “last mile” of achieving MU and attesting for Medicare incentive payments. MU Assistant has been dubbed the “TurboTax® for Meaningful Use reporting” for its ability to automate MU reporting and enable one-click electronic attestation to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and state Medicaid agencies. The solution has evolved into the leading system-of-record for MU data management serving ambulatory medical groups. Mount Sinai is SA Ignite’s fifth MU Assistant client in the New York City region. As part of this three year agreement, 600 Mount Sinai physicians enrolled in the federal incentive program will have access to MU Assistant, which will support physicians as they attest for MU. Physicians who show “meaningful use” of a certified EHR are eligible for up to $44,000 in incentive payments from CMS. Beginning in 2015, providers who do not attest to MU are subject to financial penalties.
“The Meaningful Use attestation process is extremely complex and confusing for provider organizations of all sizes,” said Bruce J. Darrow, MD, PhD, Chief Medical Information Officer, Mount Sinai Health System. “This process intensifies for an organization like ours by virtue of the sheer volume of providers who are trying to attest at the same time. SA Ignite provides a solution to help us automate that process, manage the varying levels of complexity and keep us compliant.”
“Mount Sinai, like many other industry-leading health systems, felt there was a more efficient way to systematically manage its Meaningful Use process than having staff manually run reports, analyze data and report to CMS” said Tom S. Lee, PhD, CEO and Founder of SA Ignite. “We are excited to begin our relationship with such an illustrious organization as it works to attest to Meaningful Use and help ensure compliance throughout an ever-changing process.”
MU Assistant automatically aggregates and monitors MU measures across multiple EHR systems and provides decision support tools, such as enabling easy selection of 90-day windows (for Medicare Payment Year 1) and suggesting MU exclusions that providers claim. MU Assistant then electronically files providers’ data to the CMS attestation website, providing a one-click attestation process, and electronically archives supporting data for potential audits.
The solution also automatically harvests providers’ key MU attributes, such as payment status and amount, from CMS, enabling a unified dashboard of the entire MU compliance and payment cycle.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems