Carson Tahoe Health (CTH), headquartered in Carson City, Nev., has leveraged Allscripts (NASDAQ: MDRX) Sunrise to attest for Meaningful Use Stage 2, placing it among the first inpatient healthcare facilities in the United States to meet Meaningful Use Stage 2 criteria.
"It is a rigorous process to attest for Meaningful Use Stage 2," said Ann Beck, Vice President and CFO at Carson Tahoe Health. "We have been leveraging Allscripts Sunrise advanced clinical decision support for many years and we would like to thank the Allscripts team for their support facilitating this important goal."
With a comprehensive provider network of 22 locations, a 190 bed acute care hospital, a fully accredited cancer center, and a 29 bed long term acute care center, Carson Tahoe Health provides a complete continuum of care for patients in northern Nevada and eastern California. CTH informed Allscripts that they began their quarterly reporting period on January 1, 2014, and achieved the necessary level of criteria on March 31. According to CTH, they attested to meaningful use of new as well as unchanged criteria such as quality management, data portability, clinical decision support, demographics clinical quality measures, clinical information reconciliation, transitions of care and scores of others.
In September 2012, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) published a final rule that specified Meaningful Use Stage 2 criteria. Eligible providers (EPs) and eligible hospitals (EHs) need to demonstrate that their EHR systems supported these specific Meaningful Use Stage 2 criteria to ensure participation in CMS EHR Incentive Programs.
"CTH is very proud to be included among the first 2014 Meaningful Use Stage 2 inpatient attestations," said Beck. "This an important milestone and a product of the hard work and commitment of CTH's clinicians and staff. It is also an indication of CTH's ongoing dedication to the health and wellness of patients in the communities we serve."
CTH utilizes Allscripts Sunrise EHR solution. Allscripts Sunrise is an advanced healthcare technology platform integrating clinical and revenue cycle management across the campus and the community in one unified database. It is part of Allscripts core of open and innovative EHRs which serve as a sound foundational platform for successful community, accountable care and population health strategies.
"Allscripts congratulates CTH for attesting for Meaningful Use Stage 2," said Paul M. Black, President and Chief Executive Officer of Allscripts. "It is no easy task and this achievement is a reflection of the quality of the organization and its people. We are proud to support CTH and to contribute to the tremendous things they are accomplishing for their patients and for the region."
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems