Southern Illinois University HealthCare has selected Allscripts (NASDAQ: MDRX) TouchWorks® electronic health record (EHR) solution to help manage and facilitate patient care at its clinics in Springfield and throughout southern Illinois.
SIU HealthCare's electronic health records will be hosted on Springfield Clinic's Allscripts TouchWorks system, which has been fully implemented since 2008. Allscripts TouchWorks will replace all existing ambulatory solutions at SIU HealthCare sites, enabling its clinicians and staff to better coordinate patient care throughout the region. The Allscripts TouchWorks system is a powerful, multi-specialty ambulatory solution that offers automated clinical decision support at the point of care, a configurable clinical desktop, and nearly 800 peer-reviewed Care Guides. It is a highly customizable solution with an open architecture and efficient workflows that can help improve the patient experience. In 2013, Allscripts TouchWorks registered improved year-over-year KLAS scores for every major category in the ambulatory EHR segment. The solution registered an 11% year-over-year improvement in overall KLAS score, with notable improved scores in Support, Development and Service.
"This is a tremendously positive development for health care in our region," said Shashi Tripathi, Chief Information Officer at Springfield Clinic. "Allscripts TouchWorks is a robust solution that will improve the efficiency of clinical operations and, importantly, connect physicians and clinics to coordinate patient care for better outcomes and a healthier community." SIU HealthCare provides clinical care at 55 sites in 46 Illinois communities, including Springfield and satellite locations in Carbondale, Decatur and Quincy. SIU HealthCare served 112,000 patients in 470,000 visits to its clinics in 2013.
"We are proud of our exciting new relationship with SIU HealthCare," said Greg White, Senior Vice president and General Manager of Allscripts TouchWorks business unit. "We believe that Allscripts TouchWorks has the right set of solutions to help this important institution drive and transform clinical care throughout southern Illinois."
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems