- Providers should look at more than perception of past performance when making buying decisions.
KLAS study finds that the requirement to work through licensed service providers (LSPs) is causing incumbent PACS to be commonly perceived as inferior to newer entrants into the market. The report entitled UK PACS 2013: The View Is Changing looks at leading PACS suppliers and finds that incumbent PACS and newer PACS have closer performance scores than commonly perceived when not delivered through LSPs.
"This is a critical time for PACS," said report author Ben Brown. "One of the findings of the study is that 39 percent of providers in the UK are looking to replace their current PACS. This report looks at comparing the true performances of suppliers with and without LSPs. Some of the findings will surprise healthcare providers." The report looked at offerings from Agfa, Carestream, FUJIFILM, GE and Sectra and compares performance, mindshare and likelihood to gain or lose market share. The report also looks at the growing RIS and VNA markets.
The report is available to healthcare providers and suppliers. Providers receive a significant discount off the standard retail price or can receive a complimentary summary report in exchange for a survey of one of their current vendors. About KLAS KLAS is a research firm on a global mission to improve healthcare delivery by enabling providers to be heard and counted. Working with thousands of healthcare executives and clinicians, KLAS gathers data on software, services, medical equipment, and infrastructure systems to deliver timely reports, trends, and statistical overviews.
The research directly represents the provider voice and acts as a catalyst for improving supplier performance. KLAS was founded in 1996, and their staff and advisory board average 25 years of healthcare information technology experience.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems