Spire Fylde Coast Hospital, part of the Spire Healthcare Group, is benefitting from the installation of an ACUSON S2000™ diagnostic ultrasound system from Siemens Healthcare.
The system was chosen for its excellent image quality which is aiding diagnosis and providing staff with the ability to see fine detail on images. The ACUSON S2000, which replaces a previous-generation Siemens system, was smoothly installed and handles a mixed workload including abdominal, breast, neurology, vascular and musculoskeletal imaging.
The system’s high-definition imaging functionality will also enable urologists working at the hospital to conduct transrectal ultrasound on the prostate, a service that was previously unavailable to patients. The team have found the interface and syngo® platform easy to operate, particularly when conducting musculoskeletal procedures. The ACUSON S2000 features high-density element array transducers and delivers clear image resolution, allowing researchers to distinguish fine tissue detail. The system is ergonomically designed for maximum user comfort and flexibility - whether seated or standing, the natural and extended reach zones are designed for ease-of- use, with the frequently used controls conveniently located. This is further boosted by eSieScan™ workflow protocols to streamline clinical workflow.
“We have been greatly impressed with the image quality of the ACUSON S2000 and the flexibility provided by both the HD transducer and the smaller transducer for musculoskeletal work,” states Sue Woodhouse, Diagnostic Imaging Manager at Spire Fylde Coast Hospital. “All of our radiologists have commented on the detail of the imaging, that offers a great level of quality for enhanced diagnosis. We are pleased to continue to work with Siemens, who we have enjoyed a good working relationship with for a number of years.”
“We are delighted that Spire Fylde Coast Hospital will be able to expand its remit to patients as a result of the installation of an ACUSON S2000 ultrasound system,” states Richard Evans, Regional Sales Manager at Siemens Healthcare. “We look forward to maintaining the excellent relationship we share with the hospital as we continue to support its delivery of high-quality patient care.”
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems