Major Hospital (Shelbyville, Ind.), purchased and installed an upgrade to the newest CARESTREAM Vue PACS to benefit from advanced features and options that include Carestream’s Vue Motion image viewer, lesion management application and a mammography module that will integrate mammography exams into the general radiology reading workflow.
“With these new systems, radiologists and referring physicians working remotely gain easier, faster access to imaging studies and reports and the ability to use advanced tools, which can enhance patient care,” said Linda Skillman, Radiology Director, Major Hospital. She added that the hospital will be eliminating its dedicated mammography workstation and radiologists will read mammography exams and other imaging procedures on a Vue PACS workstation equipped with five megapixel monitors.
“Our radiologists appreciate the ability to read mammography and general radiology exams from the same PACS workstation. Carestream offers specialized mammography reading tools that our radiologists use as well as other efficiencies that are not possible when they are reading from a standalone mammography workstation,” she explained.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems