Royal Gwent Hospital, part of Aneurin Bevan University Health Board, has bolstered its CT interventional and colonography capabilities as a result of installing a SOMATOM® Definition Edge system from Siemens Healthcare.
The system marks the second installation of a Definition Edge by the Health Board, following positive feedback received from staff in the key areas of dose reduction and image quality. Radiographers have already stated that its intuitive interface, optimised patient-centric imaging and reduction in electronic noise are assisting with departmental workflow. The Definition Edge helps to improve spatial resolution in CT by generating ultra-thin slices. The system’s Stellar Detector, the first fully-integrated detector that significantly reduces electronic noise, combined with SAFIRE, Siemens’ raw-data-based interactive reconstruction, work in harmony to complement the Edge’s low dose imaging.
“Through the investment in this technology, made possible by Aneurin Bevan University Health Board, we are able to provide the highest levels of service to our patients,” states Andrew Carter, Radiology Services Manager at Royal Gwent and Nevill Hall Hospital. “The low dose functionality offered by Siemens Healthcare’s Definition Edge CT system, alongside the high quality image quality, is of considerable benefit to clinicians and patients alike.”
“Siemens is proud to continue its strong working relationship with Royal Gwent Hospital with this system installation,” states Darren Parker, Regional Sales Manager at Siemens Healthcare. “By generating ultra-thin slices, the SOMATOM Definition Edge delivers the highest spatial resolution in CT and takes imaging to a new level. The high imaging standards and dose reduction features provide clinicians with the toolkit to optimise procedures and streamline departmental workflow.”
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems