St James’s Institute of Oncology in Leeds recently held a Breast MR Study Day in conjunction with Siemens Healthcare. The event hosted Radiographers and Radiologists who shared knowledge and experiences of Breast MR service delivery. The event included lectures and practical sessions featuring live scanning demonstrations and a focus on post-processing.
“During my presentation, I talked about diagnosing breast cancer using triple assessment and about the complementary role of Breast MR in the diagnosis, local staging and management,” states Dr Barbara Dall, Consultant Radiologist at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. “We were delighted to be able to steer delegates through the practical sessions in the afternoon and answer any questions. The general feedback from attendees was that the day enhanced their confidence in performing and reporting Breast MR examinations.”
The sessions were wide-ranging, with one focused on image acquisition and post-processing, highlighting the dedicated 16 channel Sentinelle breast coils featured on the Siemens MAGNETOM® Aera 1.5T. The system supports a variety of breast coils which are enabled by the Tim Coil Interface resulting in flexible breast imaging options to meet the variety of clinical needs. Another session focused on the problems and practicalities of the imaging process, advising clinicians on how to keep patients at ease and provide a more comfortable experience.
“The feedback we’ve received from delegates has been excellent, with all attendees advising that the day will have a beneficial effect on their clinical practice,” states Jane Kilkenny, MR Business Manager at Siemens Healthcare. “Siemens holds a number of training events each year across the UK, and we look forward to continuing our positive relationship with breast MR clinicians into the future by providing the support needed to further enhance clinical practice.”
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine
- Philips Debuts New Cloud-Based Clinical Analytics Dashboard To Enhance Patient Care And Staff Efficiency In Critical Care
- Mayo Clinic Reports Strong Performance in 2015
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Divurgent Appoints Bert Reese Vice President, Portfolio Management and Innovation
- Sharp To Showcase Solutions At Healthcare Information And Management Systems Society Annual Conference
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Philips And Allianz Worldwide Partners Launch Connected Health Solution And Services In Germany