King’s College Hospital, part of the King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, has recently increased its imaging capabilities with the installation of two ACUSON S3000TM ultrasound systems from Siemens Healthcare.
The units, which image up to 40 patients per day at the hospital respectively, were primarily chosen for their excellent versatility and imaging capabilities. The S3000’s advanced imaging technology is already assisting with the evaluation of chronic liver disease patients. This is in part down to the ACUSON advanced eSie FusionTM imaging tool, which enables the automatic fusion of 3D CT volumes with real-time ultrasound in a single click. The system has also allowed King’s College Hospital to perform liver elastography imaging procedures with eSie TouchTM Elasticity imaging. The tissue stiffness assessment tool helps to facilitate assessment of chronic liver diseases, allows focal lesion analysis using linear, curve and endocavity transducers in many situations. The system’s excellent ergonomics have also provided staff with an improved user experience when performing procedures and transporting the system.
“Clinicians at the hospital have been impressed with the versatility of the technology. The range of applications means that staff can offer patients an increasingly accurate diagnosis,” states Paul Sidhu, Professor of Imaging Sciences and Consultant Radiologist at King’s College Hospital. “The system is essential for performing liver ultrasounds and the excellent image quality has made a real difference in the evaluation of chronic liver patients.”
“We are very pleased that King’s College Hospital has chosen Siemens’ advanced ultrasound technology to increase imaging capabilities within the hospital,” states Michael Asare, Regional Sales Manager at Siemens Healthcare. “The S3000s are benefitting both staff and patients by enabling an accurate diagnosis and offering an enhanced user experience for clinicians.”
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine
- Philips Debuts New Cloud-Based Clinical Analytics Dashboard To Enhance Patient Care And Staff Efficiency In Critical Care
- Mayo Clinic Reports Strong Performance in 2015
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Divurgent Appoints Bert Reese Vice President, Portfolio Management and Innovation
- Sharp To Showcase Solutions At Healthcare Information And Management Systems Society Annual Conference
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Philips And Allianz Worldwide Partners Launch Connected Health Solution And Services In Germany
- Philips Enters New Agreement On Patient Monitoring Systems And Software With The Stockholm County Council