Siemens Healthcare has launched the new versatile and cost-effective Biograph Horizon™ PET/CT system, which offers premium performance at an attractive total cost of ownership. The system provides clinicians with the capabilities required to serve a broad range of patients and expand into new service areas. It enables the use of all commercially available PET tracers, giving users the ability to address more indications in the specialist fields of oncology, neurology and cardiology.
The Biograph Horizon utilises 4mm LSO crystals to provide rapid scintillation with a high-light output, providing excellent image quality using the lowest achievable dose to aid clinicians with visualising small lesions. This in turn ensures a timely diagnosis which contributes to effective care pathways, helping to reduce patient side effects related to ineffective therapies. The system also offers built-in capabilities that automate routine tasks to increase productivity and streamline workflows. The Quanti•QC runs quality control procedures overnight to save precious clinic time, while scans can be performed in under five minutes, and reconstruction runs alongside acquisition for image delivery just 30 seconds after the scan.
The Biograph Horizon utilises the syngo.via® Molecular Imaging Workplace image processing solution to expand clinical possibilities and help clinicians measure and report with confidence. It offers automated tools to instantly visualise diagnostic information, automate pre-fetching, pre-processing, and display and comparison of previous findings. The ALPHA technology provides automatic registration with organ-based recognition capabilities and EQ/PET feature provides precise calculation of changes in tumour uptake.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine
- Philips Debuts New Cloud-Based Clinical Analytics Dashboard To Enhance Patient Care And Staff Efficiency In Critical Care
- Mayo Clinic Reports Strong Performance in 2015
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Divurgent Appoints Bert Reese Vice President, Portfolio Management and Innovation
- Sharp To Showcase Solutions At Healthcare Information And Management Systems Society Annual Conference
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Philips And Allianz Worldwide Partners Launch Connected Health Solution And Services In Germany
- Philips Enters New Agreement On Patient Monitoring Systems And Software With The Stockholm County Council