Not-for-profit healthcare provider, Nuffield Health, has as part of a wider investment programme, invested in five MR's and one CT system from Siemens Healthcare to provide its patients with a more comfortable imaging experience and an expanded service offering. The five MAGNETOM® Aera 1.5T systems and one SOMATOM® Definition Edge across various sites are providing an enhanced patient experience due to the systems' open bore design. The technology is also paving the way for the addition of a walk-in service and an MR breast screening service in the future.
The technology has been or will shortly be installed across Nuffield Health sites in Exeter, Cambridge, Cheltenham, Leeds and York. Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital has experienced an increase in outpatient referrals and can now accommodate bariatric patients which was not previously possible. The MAGNETOM Aera is located in its own dedicated suite within Radiology, which provides a comfortable environment for patients throughout the week.
"At Nuffield Health it is important that we provide our patients with the very best experience and technology available," comments Helen Rawcliffe, Lead MRI Radiographer at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital. "The open bore on the MAGNETOM Aera has decreased the number of patients experiencing claustrophobia and the state-of-the-art features such as Tim® 4G integrated coil technology provides excellent image quality. The imaging department has also experienced an increase in all modality referrals including dynamic liver imaging and MR angiography."
Lis Neil, Operations Director, Support Services, at Nuffield Health comments, "This fantastic 1.5T Aera facility in the Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital is one of six Siemens MR and CT scanners procured in 2015, and is part of Nuffield Health's strategy to continue to have state-of-the-art equipment that enhances our patients' experience and delivers exactly what our Consultants and Referrers expect. This wide-bore, short-bore magnet placed in such a superbly finished and well-equipped suite makes this both an effective clinical and yet patient friendly area at the same time."
Vince Golledge, Head of Corporate Sales at Siemens Healthcare states, "MR and CT imaging is an important part of Nuffield Health's offering and part of this is ensuring patients have the best experience possible. A comfortable scanning environment and rapid results are integral to this. Outpatients at the sites can now be scanned with no prior appointment needed and receive their results the same day. Patients will benefit from the 'Quiet Suite' technology now incumbent within the new MAGNETOM Aera systems, whilst The Tim Dockable table is also ensuring patients can be rapidly moved from MR examination room in an emergency and taken immediately into a safe environment for treatment."
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine
- Philips Debuts New Cloud-Based Clinical Analytics Dashboard To Enhance Patient Care And Staff Efficiency In Critical Care
- Mayo Clinic Reports Strong Performance in 2015
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Divurgent Appoints Bert Reese Vice President, Portfolio Management and Innovation
- Sharp To Showcase Solutions At Healthcare Information And Management Systems Society Annual Conference
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Philips And Allianz Worldwide Partners Launch Connected Health Solution And Services In Germany