As complex healthcare information privacy and security requirements continue to mount, IT departments increasingly need experienced, outsourced support. As such, the need to streamline and automate security tasks via more sophisticated, specialized tools and services has increased. CynergisTek, an authority in security solutions and services for healthcare organizations, announced it has partnered with Solutionary, the leading pure-play Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP), to deliver a superior, outsourced security monitoring program to its clients.
Solutionary provides real time monitoring, event analysis and on-demand audit reporting to enhance the effectiveness of security and make it more efficient. Through consolidation, automation and around the clock support, Solutionary’s outsourced services are designed to free up more time for CIOs and IT departments to think strategically about higher priority items. Solutionary’s monitoring teams use the company’s cloud-based ActiveGuard® security and compliance platform to accurately collect and correlate vast amounts of data to investigate and promptly respond to potential security threats.
“CynergisTek is a strong, and trusted partner with the deep industry knowledge to help us confidently expand within the healthcare vertical,” said Steve Idelman, Solutionary co-founder and CEO. “By combining our ActiveGuard solution with CynergisTek’s information security expertise, we have created one of the most efficient and cost-effective security services for healthcare organizations.” Lou Dignam, Director of Information Security and Server Platforms at Virtua , a comprehensive health system headquartered in New Jersey stated, “The ActiveGuard solution has provided our organization with the support to ensure that our patient’s health information is being actively and properly protected. We’re pleased with the technology and the amount of resources it has freed up within our IT department while continuing to maintain our commitment to patient privacy.”
As regulations and standards increase in number, strength, and complexity, along with penalties for data breaches, CynergisTek will leverage Solutionary’s ActiveGuard technology to automate reporting for compliance results and ongoing management, provide compliance evidence and documentation in a secure repository and ensure health organizations’ security needs are being assessed on an ongoing basis to address the dynamic nature of the healthcare industry.
“With the recent release of the Omnibus Rule and increasing security requirements being mandated in the healthcare industry, it is clear that organizations need to consider outsourcing their data security needs to seasoned experts, relieve some of the burden and deliver reliable and actionable intelligence to their IT departments,” said Mac McMillan, CEO, CynergisTek. “What we have done with ActiveGuard® is create a service that enables healthcare organizations to focus on strategic analysis and allocate their resources to more important projects, while simultaneously significantly upgrading their ability to monitor network and data security.”
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems