Mimecast, the leading supplier of cloud-based email archiving, security and continuity for Microsoft Exchange, Hosted Exchange and Office 365, today announced an explosive growth of 69% of new healthcare customers within the last year. Now, Mimecast healthcare customers, representing approximately 93,000 users, rely on Mimecast to develop a HIPAA and PCI compliant email management platform that eliminates security risks while reducing costs and enabling increased security and privacy.
Healthcare organizations are increasingly challenged to leverage technology that improves the quality of patient care, all while reducing costs and meeting compliance regulations. With email being a common means by which protected health information (PHI) is communicated, healthcare organizations such as Memorial Hospital, University of Tennessee Medical Center and St. Francis Hospital now turn to Mimecast to manage their organizations’ complex email infrastructure and improve HIPAA, PCI and Meaningful-use Stage 2 compliance with automated email encryption. For example, St. Francis Hospital quickly grew from 500 email inboxes to more than 1,500 inboxes, resulting in an explosion of email that needed to not only be secured, but also remain in compliance with HIPAA and PCI regulations.
After implementing the Mimecast cloud email management platform, St. Francis Hospital gained a cloud-based email archiving and continuity solution that aligned with current industry regulations as well as enabled users to access their email archive immediately, improve spam and virus blocking and double the IT team’s productivity.
“Healthcare IT teams are facing a delicate dilemma – balancing privacy, usability and compliance, while reducing costs,” said Eddie Windom, Network Administrator, St. Francis Hospital. “With the Mimecast cloud-based email management solution, our team was able to build a secure, collaborative email platform that eliminated all the compliance complexity, significantly reduced the time needed to manage the organization’s email and measurably improved our network’s performance by decreasing the amount of storage. Since working with Mimecast, our email is always-on and our IT team and end-users are armed with the resources to gain true value from our email.”
With email often at the heart of a healthcare organization’s information exchanges, providers increasingly rely on immediate access to the email archive and expect complete email data availability and continuity. St. Francis Hospital and University of Tennessee Medical Center previously faced challenges accessing archived emails, causing employees to keep every email, resulting in overflowing databases that caused delayed email delivery times as well as frequent outages and downtime.
With Mimecast’s cloud-based email management platform, St. Francis Hospital has been able to provide 100 percent email uptime and double the IT department’s productivity, while the University of Tennessee Medical Center reduced IT administrative time from 40 hours a month to two hours a month.
“Healthcare providers must be assured their messages are being transmitted and stored securely in order to adhere to Meaningful Use Stage 2 requirements and to protect from breaches that now affect business associates as well as healthcare providers,” said Bob Fidler, vice president of emerging markets, Mimecast. “Our success within the healthcare industry proves our email management platform enables providers to deliver a comprehensive email management platform that helps consolidate solutions, infrastructure, and resource costs.”
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- TriZetto’s New QNXT Configuration Solution Enables Healthcare Payers To Rapidly Change, Launch Products For Success In Post-Reform Market
- Cognizant to Acquire TriZetto - Creating A Fully-Integrated Healthcare Technology And Operations Leader
- BayCare Health System Recognized for Achievement in Electronic Medical Record Adoption by Leading Global Organization
- Nucleus Independent Living Enables Rapid Response to Care with CellTrak™
- Agfa HealthCare Selects OnX as Canadian Managed Services Provider
- Tips to Health IT Professionals for Gaining Competitive Edge in the Job Market
- Procura Attains Mobile Milestone Topping 3 Million Mobile Healthcare Visits
- CellTrakCARES Feeds the Hungry and Helps Fill Food Banks this Holiday Season
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems