- Renal Program implements mobile solution for staff safety for Home Dialysis.
Trillium Health Partners is a leading hospital with an outstanding record of performance, fiscal responsibility and quality patient care. The hospital encompasses three main sites – Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital, and Queensway Health Centre – offering the full range of acute care hospital services, as well as a variety of community-based, specialized programs. One specialized program is the Renal Program. This entails care for patients with diminished kidney function and provides dialysis support when a patient’s kidneys are no longer functioning adequately.
Their renal team works collaboratively with several transplant centers to prepare patients with kidney disease for transplants. Patients with functioning kidney transplants may have their on-going clinic follow-up care provided by their renal team. Sandy Beckett, Patient Care Manager, Renal Program at Trillium Health Partners commented “The mobile solution was an easy decision to make regarding how to keep our team safe and accounted for.” Beckett added, “We chose CellTrak for our nurses to identify any occupational safety issues. Automatic alerts are sent via CellTrak to our contact centre at the hospital if a nurse has been logged into the application for longer than their scheduled time. This mobile solution is keeping the focus of the nurse on patient care while our administrative team focuses on staff safety.”
Trillium’s renal program chose the latest secured Blackberry devices to run CellTrak for safety purposes. Nurses log into the application upon starting a dialysis visit. If the visit runs longer than the allotted time an alert is sent and notifies the contact centre that a nurse could potentially be in a dangerous situation. Trilliums’ dialysis therapies (home hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis) provide the opportunity to dialyze more frequently and with longer duration than conventional hospital-based hemodialysis treatments. Patient health outcomes can be improved while at the same time enabling self-management of dialysis in the patient’s home. Home dialysis therapies allow patients to schedule dialysis around their lifestyle needs.
Michael K. Wons, President and CEO of CellTrak Technologies added, “We were happy to provide more than just a mobile solution to Trillium. ” Wons added that “Our technology is helping improve operational processes and assisting in improving patient outcomes by allowing the nurses to focus on patient care while the application is working for them in real-time on their mobile device.”
As the leading global provider of integrated mobile clinical solutions, CellTrak provided Trillium Health Partners with latest mobile technology to protect their staff. CellTrak solutions provide an easy to use web portal and integrated mobile application that runs on GPS enabled devices or tablets across any carrier network. Streamline workflow, increase productivity, and improve patient experience at the point of care. The CellTrak solution was the answer to Trillium Health Partners occupational safety concerns.
About Trillium Health Partners: Trillium Health Partners is one of the largest community-based academically affiliated acute care facilities in North America, serving the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities. Trillium Health Partners delivers a range of highly specialized regional programs including Cardiovascular, Maternal-Child, Oncology, Renal Dialysis, Clinical Genetics, Seniors’ Health, Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence, and Stroke & Neurosciences. As regional leaders in the delivery of these programs, Trillium Health Partners is able to provide the highest level of specialized care to its patients right in their own community. Trillium Health Partners is focused on partnership across the health care system in order to deliver on our priorities and realize our long-term vision – a complete system of care that is organized around patients. As partners in creating a new kind of health care, we are Better Together. To learn more about Trillium Health Partners please visit: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Nucleus Independent Living Enables Rapid Response to Care with CellTrak™
- Procura Attains Mobile Milestone Topping 3 Million Mobile Healthcare Visits
- Ark Uses CellTrak™ for Comprehensive Assessment at the Point of Care
- Tech-Savvy Seniors Seek Digital Tools to Manage Health
- Charlotte Area Hospice Uses Technology to Improve Patient Care
- Mobile Solution Product Family Offers Hospice Leader Choice
- IBM Helps Inland Northwest Health Services Deliver Cloud-Based Healthcare Solution
- Blood Pressure Monitoring Testing Market is Expected to Reach USD 3.7 Billion Globally in 2019
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems