- Home Health leader Provides More Informed and Timely Care with Mobile Solution
Texas based Lion Hospice, places the patient and family at the center of care planning. By working closely with physicians and caregivers, they provide comprehensive, compassionate care for individuals nearing the end of life. Lion Hospice recognizes that the dying process is a part of the normal process of living and focuses on enhancing the quality of remaining life. Hospice affirms life and neither hastens nor postpones death. Providing comfort and support to persons in the last phases of an incurable disease so that they may live as comfortably and fully as possible in their number one passion. The goal of hospice care is to improve the quality of a patient’s last months by offering comfort, dignity and care in a familiar setting.
To further their compassion for providing better patient care, Lion implemented the CellTrak VisitManager™ solution to have their Aides and Nurse’s spend less time worrying about updating paper forms or waiting to sync with a low connectivity area and spend more time on comforting their patients. The solution is easy to use and has been designed to work in rural as well as high density coverage areas for cellular and wireless mobile devices. Lion Hospice chose to use the Apple iPhone on the AT&T network.
The Texas based hospice gains many benefits from the use of CellTrak across operations and patient care. The streamlined interface with Suncoast Solutions has made their Aides, Nurses and office staff more efficient with real-time access to schedules and care plans.
Shawn Roberts, Manager of Information Technology at Lion Health Centers Inc. commented, “One of the advantages CellTrak offers is the ability for the field staff to continue to capture their visit in very rural areas with low connectivity. This is considered a real value-add within the industry. The staff loves using CellTrak, giving them no need to carry around anything other than a small, efficient, lightweight device to report. It was useful from a compliance standpoint to use the CellTrak VisitManager solution as a means to cross check the field staff’s time and mileage against what was listed in our back end system. CellTrak has been an instrumental tool by increasing efficiency, decreasing costs, and helping us provide our patients more informed and timely care.”
Lion’s strong team of staff helps patients and families address the significant medical, emotional, psychological and spiritual changes in their lives. Hospice addresses all symptoms of a disease, with a special emphasis on controlling a patient’s pain and discomfort. Quality of life is improved as physical, emotional and spiritual concerns are addressed and alleviated.
Michael K. Wons, President and CEO of CellTrak Technologies commented, “Lion Hospice has been great to work with and their compassion for what they do speaks volumes of what their staff do each day in a patients home. They are a true early technology adopter by using the latest iOS Smartphone devices from Apple to deliver care and give more focused attention to the patient.We are grateful to be able to provide the team a tool to become more efficient and gain better compliance.”
As the leading global provider of integrated mobile clinical solutions, CellTrak provides your organization with a technology solution to manage and mobilize your staff. Our patented Software-as-a-Service solutions run on GPS-enabled mobile devices connecting through our solution specific web portals. Replace inefficient paper processes with an easy to use mobile app and web-based portal. CellTrak delivered a technology solution to Lion Hospice to empower their organization with the tools to automate workflow, improve compliance, reduce operating costs and improve patient care.
About Lion Health Centers, Inc.
Lion Hospice care provides comfort and support to persons in the last phases of an incurable disease so that they may live as comfortably and fully as possible. The goal of hospice care is to improve the quality of a patient’s last months by offering comfort, dignity and care in a familiar setting. Lion Hospice recognizes that the dying process is a part of the normal process of living and focuses on enhancing the quality of remaining life. Hospice affirms life and neither hastens nor postpones death. Lion Hospice is not a place but a concept of care. Today, most hospice care takes place in a patient’s home where he or she is surrounded by family and familiar things.
Lion Hospice offers a specialized knowledge of medical care that is provided by a team-oriented group of specially trained professionals and volunteers. Lion Hospice physicians are trained to provide medical support and advice to the patients and the patient’s physician to address and alleviate the problems that keep patients uncomfortable and family members stressed. For more information please visit: www.lionhospice.com
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- TriZetto’s New QNXT Configuration Solution Enables Healthcare Payers To Rapidly Change, Launch Products For Success In Post-Reform Market
- Cognizant to Acquire TriZetto - Creating A Fully-Integrated Healthcare Technology And Operations Leader
- BayCare Health System Recognized for Achievement in Electronic Medical Record Adoption by Leading Global Organization
- Nucleus Independent Living Enables Rapid Response to Care with CellTrak™
- Agfa HealthCare Selects OnX as Canadian Managed Services Provider
- Tips to Health IT Professionals for Gaining Competitive Edge in the Job Market
- Procura Attains Mobile Milestone Topping 3 Million Mobile Healthcare Visits
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems