Siemens Healthcare recently showcased its range of innovations for intraoperative imaging at the 35th Charing Cross International Symposium (CX35) event in London. A full-scale hybrid operating suite featured the Artis zeego™ multi-axis interventional imaging system from Siemens Healthcare with a fully integrated operating theatre table, viewing and lighting solutions from Maquet.
Also on display was the Cios Alpha, a new mobile C-arm system featuring flat detector technology. Delegates were interested to learn how these solutions could help to boost image quality, adjust dose to the desired level and ultimately improve clinical outcomes. Clinicians from a wide range of disciplines visited the Siemens operating suite. This included professionals from vascular surgery, interventional radiology and interventional cardiology. It was also noted how the advanced imaging systems could have applications in other clinical areas including orthopaedics, trauma, urology, neurosurgery and gynaecology.
“Endovascular intervention is reliant on high quality imaging. With the right solutions in place, clinicians can improve the quality, success and ease of procedures, resulting in better patient outcomes,” states Jane Whittaker, Angiography Business Manager at Siemens Healthcare.
“Delegates at CX35 were excited to witness the flexibility and excellent image quality provided by the Artis zeego and Cios Alpha in the hybrid operating suite environment. Clinical confidence is also enhanced via applications designed for precise interventional visualisation and measurement.”
The Artis zeego is a flexible multi-axis interventional imaging system enabling ease of control and precision with numerous park positions. Delegates at the symposium highlighted several of the zeego’s benefits for precise endovascular action, controlled 3D imaging, parallax quantifications, evaluation of distortion / aortic changes and limited use of contrast. It is able to overcome the limitations of conventional systems in an operating room environment, delivering enhanced workflow and full body coverage with excellent image quality.
The Cios Alpha is the first mobile C-arm to use Full View Flat Detector (FD) technology for highly detailed images during surgical procedures and 25% more coverage than conventional image intensifiers. In addition to providing improved sensitivity, the system enables lower dose values, higher spatial resolution and distortion free images. Two detector sizes are available for greater flexibility of use during surgery, with extended free space for excellent patient access, direct table-side control and an intuitive interface.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems